PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

Kristian17
3rd Feb 2006, 16:48
Hi

I am slightly confused about what I should do and would love some feedback from you guys! I am currently at school and doing my GCSE this year, and having some flying lessons every couple of months just for fun and to gain experience (7 hours now but not intending to do a ppl until I go onto a full-time course.) I am planning to do A-levels and then go for airline sponsorship or a training school like OAT. However I have heard that big training schools do not like pilots with previous experience? Is this true?

If so, do you recommend I just stop flying until I am ready to apply to a school?

Thanks for your help

Kristian

ONEWORLD_86
5th Feb 2006, 19:55
Hey,

having gone through the OAT interview with similar experiences, i found it really helped and was defntly not frowned upon, if anything it helped becasue i could draw upon aviation related experiences during the interview.

Also try and think long term, having experience i found ground school eaiser and the basic flight training was not as difficult as it was for some. I still use those first experiences in my interviews for airline jobs today. Its defntly worth keeping it up.

Good luck.