PDA

View Full Version : Publications

TurboOtter
3rd Feb 2006, 09:11
Not sure if this has been covered before, but I was surfing the CASA website and came across something that I hadn't noticed before. Yes I know that all the CAR's CAO's etc are available online and that you can buy the CD version instead of dealing with amendments.
What I was almost thrilled to see is that Airservices offers AIP's DAP's etc available online for download!

My question is more for the Chief Pilot out there, do you need to keep these documents in an Office libary if it is readily available online? Sure as a Pilot you would want a current copy of Daps, but AIP's? we rarely need them, so why allways wonder if they have been updates properly?

Thanks

rcoight
3rd Feb 2006, 12:10
My FOI told me that as long as I had downloaded the latest version and had some procedure in place to ensure it WAS the latest version (ie. regular checks of the website or whatever), there was no need to have original hard copies.
What we actually ended up doing was to get a hard copy of everything, then downloaded, printed and inserted any amendments that came along.
Seemed to work fine and I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be allowed.

TurboOtter
3rd Feb 2006, 22:14
That sounds like even more work, to download, print and then insert, It's not a money issue to not use the hardcopy amendment service, just to ensure what is being read is up to date, to in fact get rid of the human "error" factor.

Anyways thanks for your thoughts