PDA

View Full Version : CX Expat Joining and Leaving Benefits

Phil Squares
3rd Feb 2006, 03:02
Just trying to gather a little data. When an expat joins CX and is based in HKG how much household/unaccompanied baggage allowance is given. And upon the completion of the contract/retirement what is the allowance that can be brought out?

Thanks in advance. If you prefer you can use PM.

Cheers :ok:

Wine Glass
4th Feb 2006, 01:51
Hi Phil,
I recently was successful for DESO and am heading up soon. From memory the allowance was 180kg per adult and 90kg per child - this is my recollection from the conditions of service brief.
I was under the impression that that figure was what CX would ship to HK for you in a container or similar, however a friend who has very recently gone through selection was under the impression that the allowance was excess baggage...
I don't know who is right there - can anyone else confirm in what form the allowance takes?
Thanks in advance from a newbie. :uhoh:

petitfromage
4th Feb 2006, 02:08
There is an excess baggae allowance but sadly I cant tell you what itbis off the top of my head. Perhaps a newjoiner can assist.

There is also ID90 on air-freight. This is not speciically for joining but an annual entitlement. Again, I cant tell you how much we get annually.

Also, CX with give you a HK$10,000 interest free loan, to help cover the costs of getting yourself set up. This is in addition to the HK$10,000 they give you as a gift when they set up you bank account.

As a brand new DESO, when you move to HK from Adelaide, your HK bank account will have approx HK$42000 (US$5500) in it (you can then ask for the loan in addition to that)

The HK$10k loan is deducted from you pay at HK$1000/mth over the 1st 10mths.

betaboy
8th Feb 2006, 14:56
The cargo allowance for new joiners is 180 kg for each of you and spouse, plus 90 kg for each child.

The annual ID cargo entitlement, available to new joiners after 6 months of service, is 100 kg at ID90, plus 400 kg at ID75.

BlueEng
10th Mar 2006, 05:12
Most people seem to have got it right about the 180kg on joining. On repatriation you should get a container to yourself. Not sure what size though..any ideas anyone?