PDA

View Full Version : Germania Airlines selection

RWL-Trainee
2nd Feb 2006, 17:24
Hi all,
I am invited to the Germania Airlines selection in the end of february. I already checked the German Forum. Is there anybody, who knows anything about the selection program?
Thank you,
rwl-trainee

DrLecter-HH
2nd Feb 2006, 20:36
Hi,
I was there 3 years ago. I had only an interview with the Head Dr. Schufmann and his assistant Mr Kohlert. There was nothing special in this interview and you donīt have to expect a screening. When have you applied and for what Type of aircraft is this selection? How many hours do you have and are you Type Rated?

keeno
3rd Feb 2006, 09:07
hey there...how did you manage to get the interview with Germania?... I would love to know who you sent your Bewerbung too? Are they still recruiting?

Do you know if there is much recruitment taking place in germany right for pilots?... Private message me if you can...would appreciate all the help..

Keeno

RWL-Trainee
3rd Feb 2006, 10:24
Hi,
I applied to the normal adress of Germania in Berlin. The selection is for the Fokker 100. I just finished aviation systems engineering and management in Bremen (ILST). So I have about 250 hrs. Recruitment at other German airlines will start soon (I think so).
Rgds.

keeno
3rd Feb 2006, 11:07
RWL Tr.

thanks for the swift reply....I am trying to get into a german airline, I have about 800hrs total, of which 500 is on a heavy Turbo Prop. I have applied to Air Berlin, and looking to apply to Germanwings (but i cant find an address or email to send them my details...can you help?).

It would be nice to stay in contact with you so that we can share infomation, and you might even be able to give me some inside help to the german airline world....do you know who to write to for Condor?...or Hapag fly?..

Once again, Thank you...Private message me if you dont want to post vital infomation in the forum...

Keeno

Aerowinx
4th Feb 2006, 09:32
Hey Keeno,
the problem with Germanwings, LH Cargo, Condor and Cityline is, that they all signed the corporate collective agreements of Lufthansa. You need to apply to Lufthansa to fly for any of those airlines. But future pilots will come only from the common Lufthansa Aircrew seniority list, meaning only Lufthansa Flight School graduates. The list is still very long, so that they don't need to take Ready Entrys in the future. If they should reduce the list and they come into consideration to take Ready Entries, then you could apply trough the Cockpit Careers (http://www.lufthansa-pilot.de/dberufsa.php#) website! But this will not happen in the near future!!
For Hapagfly look here (http://www.hapagfly.com/westsite/content/unternehmen/deu_000901.html)! and for Air Berlin look here (http://www.airberlin.com/site/jobs_dr.php?LANG=deu&BEREICH=2&ID=126)!
The only Airlines which are searching at the moment are: Germania (http://213.148.159.115:7377/) and Eurowings (http://www.eurowings.de/729.htm)!
For common informations about airlines and application contacts look here (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/)!

To fly for a german airline you must speak fluent German. If you do so, it is no problem to find a lot of informations on the German Pilot Boards like www.pilots.de or www.cockpitjobs.de. I would check these boards! I am sorry to tell all non German speaking applicants that they will have no chance to pass the Interviews. I know this is bad news, but working language in Germany is unfortunately German...

I hope i could help :ok:

keeno
4th Feb 2006, 12:06
Aerowinx...

Thank you so much for the helpful insight and infomation that you have provided...I can speak almost fluent german, writing might be a small problem..but speaking and reading is ok....I know you said 'fluent' but hey, its worth a shot though right? I understand though when it comes to LH crews...thats only fair though, and i know that there waiting list is very long...

I would also like to thank everyone that has written here, it goes to show that Pprune can be used for more than annpoyed pilots ranting and raving about everything and anything! You guys have helped...

lets keep our fingers crossed...:D

Aerowinx
4th Feb 2006, 13:11
@Keeno
You're welcome! Good luck with your career in good old germany :ok:

@RWL-Trainee
Sorry, hab da leider auch keine weiteren Infos für dich! :ugh:

RWL-Trainee
16th Feb 2006, 13:23
Hi,
Any News?
Thank you,
rwl-trainee

stefair
16th Feb 2006, 16:45
Private message me if you dont want to post vital infomation in the forum...
:confused: Ha ha, that's a good one! What can be so 'vital' to not post it in Pprune? What do you think a forum is all about?
To answer your question, pilot supply in Germany appears to be still much larger than demand. However, there are indications that operators start recruiting again on a bigger scale, as the German flag carrier Lufthansa now accepts applications from Ready Entries. The past has shown that once they make a start others will join in.
Best of luck to you! But please, tell me one thing, why the heck do you want to be working for a German airline? If you do not make it into Lufthansa life as a pilot in Germany is rather ... erm ... frustrating. :}

Micky
21st Feb 2006, 12:56
meaning only Lufthansa Flight School graduates. The list is still very long, so that they don't need to take Ready Entrys in the future. If they should reduce the list and they come into consideration to take Ready Entries, then you could apply trough the Cockpit Careers website! But this will not happen in the near future!!

Sorry Aerowinx, aber nicht ganz richtig:8
As far as I have heard Lufthansa(meaning passage and Cargo) will be hiring ready entrys at the end of the year....as there demand for pilots is very big at the moment!
The 300 people or so from LFT will be flying by the end of the year with jobs to spare....

As far as Germania goes was on a flight to with HLX last year (November) The nice(good looking:) ) F/O said If you can do not go to Germania...It is not worth it! And she was flying for them...

Regards Micky

comet77
22nd Feb 2006, 11:33
Hi RWL-T:,
I was there last year and it was a very strong assessment. Donīt know, if it is still the same. Unfortunately i didnīt passed it. BUT: Hesse -Schrader is a good advice for preparation. If any questions, do ask.:ok: