PDA

View Full Version : Waac

waffs
1st Feb 2006, 01:19
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Western Australian College of Aviation? I'm looking into the JAR ATPL course there and would like to hear any reports of the place, good or bad! What's the atmosphere like between the students? How are the classes, accomodation etc? Thanks for any help!

waffs

Looks2Young
1st Feb 2006, 03:48
Gday Waffs

Class sizes range from 6 up to twenty or so. Atmosphere is good. Dont think the JAR courses would get so big though.
The classrooms are in the same building as the RACWA (www.racwa.asn.au (http://www.racwa.asn.au)) So you have got direct access to the instructors and airplane side of things.

The students are mostly good blokes, a few allright girls too. The atmosphere is good. Most classes form pretty close friendships. On the CPL course there is a fly-away trip around WA, plenty of time to bond and booze!
You'll be able to study together so you can carry the strugglers.

Accomodation at Jandakot is available. There are some A frame units available for hire, I think on a short term lease though. Not sure about long term. If you needed accomodation around Jandakot you would best find a student hovel to share I guess.

Good luck with your ATPL

"V"
6th Feb 2006, 13:39
I trained at WAAC back in 04

Good atmosphere in the classroom, don't be late or you'll get fined a 6 pack!

Instructors and lecturers top blokes and blokettes always glad to answer questions.

it will be interesting to see how the JAR course gets on.

Big thumbs up :ok:

anthperry
22nd Feb 2006, 18:45
That has to be either Foghorn...or Vic....Ill go along with it, WAAC rocks, great all round.....but just be prepared 2 put the graft in!!

AP

"V"
23rd Feb 2006, 01:10
yeah pez its me foghorn,

hows the JAR and conversion goin?

You comin back anytime soon?