PDA

View Full Version : CAA invents yet another charge !

A and C
31st Jan 2006, 18:30
Untill last year if your aircraft was out of maintenance check and it needed to be moved an engineer licenced on the type could authorise a flight under "A" conditions to fly the aircraft to a maintenance base.

Now the engineer has to get the CAA invloved to authorise a flight under "A" conditions as you might guess the CAA take no technical responsabilty that is all down to the licenced engineer.

I am told that the CAA charge for this paperwork that adds nothing to air safety is £80.

In fact I think that this action will put more pressure on aircraft pilots & owners to get the aircraft to a maintenance base on time and they may feel pressued to do this in weather conditions that they would not normaly fly in to avoid the paperchase and the £80 fee.

Mandator
31st Jan 2006, 21:05
Well said A&C.
Yet again the CAA's so-called 'excellence in regulation' blows a great big hole in aviation safety.

A and C
31st Jan 2006, 23:23
It is now time for all European GA pilots to wake up and face the fact that EASA is just a bean feast for the b(e)urocrats and get together to fight these people who see us as a meal ticket.

The fact is that they don't see the truth.......... the future if they don't stop putting charge on top of charge is to paint N on the side of your aircraft, this will have only one effect the imates of Aviation house at Gatwick will only be able to get a job at another great American institution.

Yes the next time I see the head of GA regulation he will be flipping burgers because him and his like will have killed the the industry that feeds them.

"A big mac & chips please" ..................still at lease they will still have subsitised food!!

Whopity
1st Feb 2006, 17:57
Bit late, he's retired and the dept closed down!

Say again s l o w l y
1st Feb 2006, 19:18
Wot GAD? I think they have already killed their own dept. in readiness for EASA.

Good one that......

L-Band
1st Feb 2006, 19:49
As with the great British people, we do not complian loud enough, so they roll straight over you. No good writing your complains on this forum start making a noise to the right people. Maybe not make much differance but at least it is a start!!! :E

L