PDA

View Full Version : CX buys 'new' DC3

CathayPacific
31st Jan 2006, 16:18
Hello guys,

I heard from a friend and another friend's parents who work for CX that Cathay has bought a DC3 to celebrate its 60th birthday...does anyone here have idea where this DC3 is from and what colour it'll be in when it is ready for the celebration? (not Betsy scheme I think??)

And also the DC3 is in flying condition, are they going to do some formation flying with the 747 (Betsy to Boeing) above the harbour and Kai Tak? and also, just feeling a bit curious if they are goign to do so, is there anyone in CX type rated to fly the DC3?

K.

404 Titan
31st Jan 2006, 22:42
CathayPacific

We know about as much as you have been told. It is due to be flown to Hong Kong sometime in March. Not sure what colour scheme it will be in at that stage but I would imagine that where it comes time to present her to the public she will be in a scheme that reflects the era they were in Cathay service. So it will probably be in a Betsy or similar paint scheme.

As for any pilots here being typed on a DC3, I would imagine there are a few. I personally know one F/O that flew them in North Queensland many years ago. As to any of them being current on type, well that is another question.:ok:

Looking_4_Answers
1st Feb 2006, 21:15
I know of one new hire DESO who has a current DC-3 PPC. So if they feel like bumping up my start date I'd be happy to ferry it back to HK.:)

CathayPacific
2nd Feb 2006, 01:08
aha!

Can't wait to see how this DC3 looks like! :O

energie
2nd Feb 2006, 01:46
Looking_4_answer, please check your PM

CathayPacific
20th Feb 2006, 08:00
Here we go...Cathay Pacific DC3 in HKG!! (RP-C1101)

7FF
20th Feb 2006, 14:15
Is this the first DC-3 for our new adventure into LCC operations?
:ok:
Think I saw it yesterday in Manila.

mizzy
21st Feb 2006, 14:34
Is this the first DC-3 for our new adventure into LCC operations?
:ok:
Think I saw it yesterday in Manila.
yepyep..that's where it came from...and the FL time was 5 hrs :ooh: "according to the company news".