PDA

View Full Version : Sleepwalking

sleepwalker
31st Jan 2006, 14:31
Anyone had any sleepwalking experiences with cabin crew or co-pilot?
You tell me yours an I'll tell you mine!

wiggy
31st Jan 2006, 14:55
To my knowledge I've sleepwalked (sp?) twice. Both occasions downroute, at the slip hotel.....now since I generally don't bother with pyjamas and on both occasions I woke up to find myself outside my room it became a matter of some embarrasment. On the first occasion I found myself about 100 yards from my room on a fortunately internal fire escape, on the second occasion I was outside my room door :uhoh: After that I resorted to blocking the room door with suitcase and Flight bag when turning in for the night.:sad:

I have to admit that waking up in the middle of the night and wondering where the hell I was was extremely distressing.....fortunately it happened on just the two occasions, close together just after a couple of close family bereavements....it never occurred again. IMHO the domestic turmoil caused it.

Hobo
31st Jan 2006, 18:26
Until about an hour ago Sleeepwalker (who joined today) had started similar threads on this subject within 6 minutes on 4 different Forums. (4 including this one Onan!) The other 3 have "disappeared" after I wondered if anybody else smelt a journo.....

Coincidence, maybe. Maybe the Mods moved in. But I still smell a journo....

got caught
1st Feb 2006, 08:08
I generally don't bother with pyjamas and on both occasions I woke up to find myself outside my room it became a matter of some embarrasment.

And thats the case for the defence your honour:8

sleepwalker
2nd Feb 2006, 10:23
darling Hobo....being new to this I didn't know which was the best section to post this in. Don't be so suss

sleepwalker
2nd Feb 2006, 10:33
I'm not mad (really) but I sleepwalk alot when I get home. I pulled the central light out of the cieling above my bed and electrocuted myself, on another occasion (after a drink or two I grant you) I texted the local cab office asking them to come and collect some stuff they had in the back of my car.....I don't have a car! And I often light candles around my bed, wake up on the balcony outside or chatter in my sleep. I wondered whether it was just me being a weirdo or whether irregular sleep patterns from work have an impact

britkit
4th Feb 2006, 20:20
:) It's not just you airborne types that sleepwalk. I'm and ATCO and I used to sleepwalk quite regularly, but haven't done so for years, to my knowledge (how do you know unless you wake up?) Only reason I knew I was doing it was that I was in a dormitory and another girl woke me up when I bumped into her bed!
Provided you don't become fatigued and unable to work it shouldn't affect you though.:ok:

unfazed
5th Feb 2006, 11:16
I thought it was only me

Worst one was waking up in a hotel room after a vivid nightmare in a lot of pain and a large cut on my hand after bashing and breaking a glass picture frame next to the bed (needed stitches):eek:

Loose rivets
5th Feb 2006, 16:00
An old friend told me a tale of the war, when he and a young mate would be billeted up an down the coast for their work servicing the RAF Pinnis sp? Etc.

The young man often made a terrible noise in the night, but one morning, the old boy looked at his mate and he was sleeping like a baby. When his eyes cleared and he looked up, the ceiling above the lad's bed was full of punch holes!

chrisbl
5th Feb 2006, 19:40
Had the same experience as Wiggy. Was staying in the Metropole at BHX. No jimjams on and ended up outside my room in the corridor. Then I woke up and fortunately found a phone by the emergency staircase.

Called reception and one of the night staff turned up.
I am there covering my privates, he lets me into my room and tells me not to worry as it happens all the time.

Now, I always have a bag by the exit door when I turn in.

banana head
15th Feb 2006, 17:23
Now, I always have a bag by the exit door when I turn in.

What makes you think you won't move the bag aside when you sleepwalk?:hmm:
After all, if you can get out of bed and open the door eh?

Why not just wear something from inside the bag and save yourself the hassle!:ok: