PDA

View Full Version : Psycho testing for Jet*

globallocal
31st Jan 2006, 04:17
I know it has been asked before and I've tried to look for previous posts, and I am new to pprune for posting threads (always read for a laugh). Can someone point me in the right direction for the testing requirments, whats required that is, got the when and how, for stage one with jet*, I am offshore at the moment and have been out to the loop.

Thanks in advance

E.P.
31st Jan 2006, 07:05
I believe you pay about AUD170 for psych testing and if successful, sim and interview follow.....good luck old boy!!:ok:

Night Hawk
31st Jan 2006, 10:11
globallocal,

Have you been called for an interview or just getting ready??

The QF/Jet* Stage one costs $190 BTW.:ouch: You don't get your results at the end.:hmm:

Have heard that the process is about to change soon but maybe someone from Jet* can fill in the blanks.

NH

Danny Crane
31st Jan 2006, 13:16
The testing process is quite simple - if you want to work for Jet Star you are certainly suffering a diagnosible illness.

People often exhibit the life long tendancy to be attracted to abusive relationships that are beneath them, in the miss guided belief that they are beneficial.

**Denny Crane**

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Dubya
31st Jan 2006, 22:13
Has anyone been through the interview lately??

What are they asking? Is it Tech, or personality based.

I believe they phoned around Monday and Tuesday for interviews in Feb.

thanks

globallocal
1st Feb 2006, 00:19
To night hawk,
Yea got a call yesterday for stage one, Found what i was looking for thanks regarding the P test is that all for the day or do you do group dynamic stuff as well.

To dany crane,
it is my decision to work for them if successful so pull your head in, you don't know my position, but i'll fill you in. I'm overseas on a corporate jet with my family in Oz so I would like to come home. and because i cant jump through the rats hoops this will do to get me back home and flying.

Howard Hughes
1st Feb 2006, 06:04
because i cant jump through the rats hoops this will do to get me back home and flying.I thought the hoops were the same these days?:}

THE CONTRACTOR
1st Feb 2006, 10:50
I don't think Danny got into an airline. Pull your head in mate. People have got to live.

18-Wheeler
1st Feb 2006, 11:31
I believe you pay about AUD170 for psych testing and if successful, sim and interview follow.....good luck old boy!!:ok:

FFS, you pay for an interview process? What is the world coming to?

ur2
2nd Feb 2006, 07:53
I work for Jetstar,
Of the many airlines I have worked for all over the world and in Aus it is the best by far.
The people are great, you can have a base just about anywhere in Australia, the equipment is first class and it is realy going places. Consequently promotion is, and will be rapid for some time.
Sure the money is not as good as QF, but is that the be all and end all.
I work about 15 days/month, get paid for OT and have a great lifestyle.
Why is it that the only people bagging it don't work there.

E.P.
5th Feb 2006, 11:04
Globallocal,

Any chance of a run down of your experience and current type?

Any other's out there with and call up willing to give some background? :ok:

Are you being looked at for Inter or Domestic??:ok: :ok:

deckchair
6th Feb 2006, 02:24
ur2,

I note the minimum hour requirement is 3000hrs.
Can you advise, are Jet* firm on this or are ther examples to the contrary?

Plus is being close to 40 seen as an advantage (not likely to move on) or otherwise?

Thanks in anticipation.

The Bunglerat
6th Feb 2006, 03:15
Deckchair, I hear you mate (re the age thing), as I myself am closer to 40 than I was to 30. However, I'd venture to guess that they probably don't care much one way or the other. When considering that their investment in you is minimal (i.e. you're the one picking up the tab for all the training), I don't think it would make much difference to them. If, on the other hand, they were picking up ALL costs in order to get you up to speed, they might have a different view on your age when it comes to getting a return on their investment. Nevertheless, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

globallocal
6th Feb 2006, 06:21
Guys 37, 4600 hrs total. 2400 fixed, 2300 rotary, 240 jet. They didn't want to say Int or Dom. but i do have Int exp be it a couple of hund. Don't worry about the age thing, I guy I use to work with was 43 and got a call for the second interview, that was when they last hired.
Anyway good luck to you all.

E.P.
6th Feb 2006, 07:11
Thanks Global...good luck old boy!

Must be a great feeling, given the huge numbers of Airbus experienced guys who meet QF entry requirements and can't even get a reply. :ok: