PDA

View Full Version : McQuaig Tests - info needed please

heinzmanm
30th Jan 2006, 18:40
Got an interview day coming up in 2 weeks and have just been told that the day will involve McQuaig testing and a word survey.
Having never personally come across these before, can anyone provide any information as to what to expect from these and any tips for completing them?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Matt

UAV689
31st Jan 2006, 13:09
hi there

I had these ( and i think failed..) these tests about 6 months ago. The personality test is 2 sided a4 page divided up into blocks, each block has 4 words in it and you must allocate each word a score (1 to 4 i think) in what most describes yourself. Beware the boxes are duplicated so they check your answers. I tried to perhaps go for what I though they were looking for instead of being honest, probably how i failed. The word survey is easy, it is just fill in the word which best fits in the sentence, and a small reading comprehension.

hope that helps

PS who is it for?

UAV

Chitty's Leader
31st Jan 2006, 13:31
Hi.

I have never sat these, but I am sure each of these particular tests are tailored to the specific company and are thus aimed at the particular culture/qualities sought.

May not be particularly helpful, but I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer. They are a profiling tool, so just go and be honest.

heinzmanm
31st Jan 2006, 14:19
Thanks for the help guys.
By the sounds of it, I have done a similar type of thing before at an ATCO selection test.

UAV689 - you were asking who it was for - it's for the Highland Airways cadet pilot sponsorship scheme.

Thanks again

Matt

UAV689
31st Jan 2006, 16:18
it will be the same as the ones that i did for atlantique then. the science and maths paper are quite easy, brush up on your physics, eg what formulae work out volts, current resistance etc, and some forces questions that i found tricky good luck

heinzmanm
31st Jan 2006, 20:54
Thanks for the info UAV689.
Hopefully it won't be too hard!!

Matt