PDA

View Full Version : What happens when the AIRAC's change?

StephenM_SMC
30th Jan 2006, 08:55
I was just wondering what happens with respect to ATCO's when the AIRAC cycles change? I know that for Ireland on March 16th there will be a number of moderations to the fixes and airways, will there be training programs for ATCO's when these changes are due to take effect, or will it just be mentioned on a side note and leave them up to their own devices. :)

Standard Noise
30th Jan 2006, 08:59
In what respect?
Generally units don't re-train their ATCO's just cos there's a change or changes with the Airac updates. But if you're talking about the changes due in March connected with the West End airspace re-organisation, then ATCO's have been training on the simulations for a while now, in preparation for it.
Even some of your lot were over from Guinnessland. Although that poor girl on the Shannon console was soo busy, she got through several papers and a book a day! Oh the luxury of it!:rolleyes:

StephenM_SMC
30th Jan 2006, 15:39
Hee hee hee, I was just wondering whether there would be much preparation before an update like the removing of some airways, and fixes aswell as re-alignment of the SID's at EIDW. I'm sure not as much as the Hungarian airspace changes last year.

The Fat Controller
30th Jan 2006, 17:35
The answer is "some pilots get confused or lost", not all aircraft FMS databases seem to get updated at the correct time !

StephenM_SMC
30th Jan 2006, 20:46
I could see problems arising from the removal of TOLKA certantly!

Carbide Finger
31st Jan 2006, 09:39
Why? We usually send you direct to DUB!