PDA

View Full Version : Bose X integration question

turbantime
29th Jan 2006, 03:31
I've done a search on this headset and have a question for the people using a Bose X in a multi-crew environment where one wears the Bose X and the other pilot just wears a standard attenuating headset.

Are there any integration problems with the headsets themselves? (ie any loud squeals over the intercom etc)

Are there instances where the guy with the standard headset wants to turn the volume all the way up in a noisy turboprop and then you have to suffer the consequence? (fully aware that you have personal volume controls on the headset)

Just evaluating the thing at the moment and would appreciate any input.

Gear in transit
29th Jan 2006, 07:40
I use mine in a multicrew, and there is no issues. Yes the other crew member does try to have the volume up, but the good news is the volume control on min setting (or close to) is usually comfortable enough for me whilst the other crew members ears are being blasted off. :p

Unhinged
29th Jan 2006, 11:11
Don't know about the turboprop, but I have a couple of students who use Bose in the bugsmasha while I use DC 13.4's and 13XL's

No problems seen/heard with any combination of the above.

SCE to Aux
29th Jan 2006, 19:00
I have two Bose X headsets that I regularly use in combination with a mix of other ENR and standard headsets in a C172 and a PA-31 (I regularly use up to six headsets in the PA-31). I've never experienced a problem with sound quality, volume or feedback/squeel. A good audio panel and intercom makes it easy to get the most out of these headsets.

Capt Claret
30th Jan 2006, 04:25
Turbantime,

No integration problems at all, other than plugging it in and having to turn all the volume knobs from close to 3/4 where they were, to about 1/4 where they need to be with the Bose.

turbantime
30th Jan 2006, 08:41
Thanks for the info guys. Makes the decision a lot easier. Now to part with my hard earnt $1500 :{