PDA

View Full Version : Advice

twztdfmgtr
28th Jan 2006, 20:38
I'm 22, 23 on the first of Feb. and am going into the USMC. I'm a few credits away from an AA degree as a Pro. Pilot. I'm in good physical condition, and continually working to improve it, as well as a 93 ASVAB test score. I'm planning on going Reserves, entering PLC to go to college and get a BA in perhaps physics. I've desperately wanted to fly military since a very early age. Am I doing this too late, or will I still have a chance to make it as a pilot?

PPRuNeUser0211
29th Jan 2006, 11:28
Did anyone else understand that? If I interpret that you're starting training to be a pilot at nearly the age of 23, you'll be fine! Failing that, it's all mumbo jumbo to me, sorry I can't be more help! Sunday after all

Gainesy
29th Jan 2006, 11:51
This site is mainly populated by British aircrew, try
www.airwarriors.com

which is specifically for USN and USMC. Semper Whatsit!

twztdfmgtr
29th Jan 2006, 14:20
thanks for the directional guidance

propulike
29th Jan 2006, 21:49
You're welcome. We're always pleased to offer help to other membes of the English speaking world.

Just out of curiosity, did you choose that screen name or was it randomly generated?

Hoop Stress
30th Jan 2006, 12:02
Apologies for the remarks from the biggoted section of pprune who clearly like to take the pi$$ out of others who they think that they are above.

You are definately not too old to train as a Pilot, and I wish you every success.

MajorMadMax
30th Jan 2006, 13:03
twztdfmgtr

You do realize that this is primarily a British military aviation forum, don't you? Try the website Gainesy recommended for USN/USMC flying opportunities, or BaseOps (http://www.dynamictruth.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/category/1.html) for the USAF.

But if you want to fly for the UK, this is the right place to ask! :ok:

Cheers! M2

MajorMadMax
30th Jan 2006, 13:05
By the way, happy birthday on Wednesday! We share the same birth date, but I was born 20 years before ya! :}

Cheers! M2

Gainesy
30th Jan 2006, 13:38
You pulled the black & yellow yet Max?:)

MajorMadMax
30th Jan 2006, 14:07
The end of Feb, although I don't officially "retire" until 31 Mar. I've got a civvie job lined up in the same organization where I am working now, just in a different office. Leave work on Friday in uniform, return on Monday in a suit. Makes a lotta sense...

Cheers! M2