PDA

View Full Version : QSP(H) exemptions for JAR PPL (SEP)

peoplespoet
28th Jan 2006, 18:01
If you or anyone you know has recently completed a JAR PPL (A) could you confirm what air and ground exam exemptions are given to a QSP(H) with pre-2000 SEP experience (i.e. 43hrs chippy)

PP

BEagle
28th Jan 2006, 18:46
LASORS 2006 states:

'A current UK QSP(H) with previous SEP
aeroplane experience will be required to meet the
flying training/experience requirements as
detailed in C1.2. However, a credit will be given
for the 150 nm solo Qualifying Cross Country
flight. In addition, a QSP(H) will also be required
to pass the complete JAR-FCL PPL(A) Skill Test
and pass the JAR-FCL PPL(A) Theoretical
Knowledge Examinations in all subjects with the
exception of Navigation & Radio Aids and
Meteorology examinations that are credited.

A QSP who meets the eligibility criteria for any of
the QSP accreditation schemes (as detailed in
Sections D3 and D6) will additionally be credited
the Human Performance & Limitations exam.'

Translated into everyday English, this means you will need to:

1. Pass the JAR-FCL PPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in:

Air Law
Communications PPL (Theory)
Flight Performance and Planning
Human Performance (Unless you have at least 2000 hrs in which case you are exempt)
Aircraft (General) and Principles of Flight

All these are multi-choice papers which can be sat at any PPL 'Registered Facility' such as a RAFFCA Flying Club which conducts PPL training. Charges vary; at Brize if you are a flying club member you will not be charged for a first attempt at the PPL exams.

2. Obtain a JAA Class 2 Medical Certificate. Some Service MOs can do this, but not all.

3. Your Chipmunk hours will count IN FULL; however, you will need to have 10 hours PIC (i.e. solo) on single engine piston aeroplanes, of which 5 must be solo cross-country time. If you haven't got this yet, you can do it under supervision at a PPL Registered Facility.

4. You don't need to do the 150nm 'qualifying cross-country' as you are credited with this.

5. Once everything else has been completed and you are ready, you must pass the PPL Skill Test including the navigation section. You will need to fly with a PPL Examiner to do this; most RAFFCA flying clubs have several amongst their members.

6. Then send off all the forms to the CAA!

Any queries, please ask or PM me.

peoplespoet
28th Jan 2006, 19:26
first class answer, thanks.

I had read LASORS, but have also read information which I felt was ambiguous thanks for clearing that up.

cheers

PP