PDA

View Full Version : Success on 2006 Cadetship - Thank you PATS !

Cessna Skylane
28th Jan 2006, 06:28
I am surprised that there are no posts on this topic . I got the phone call last Monday , and have managed to win a place on this program . I am wondering who else made it as I have some questions I would like to PM someone( or a current cadet).

It is a pretty amazing feeling to get the nod( I am a level one cadet) , and I feel very fortunate. Does anyone know how many go a spot on this years program, and also what regionals are the most likely destination?

I also have to pay a big public thank you to the staff at PATS . I did four of their one day individual courses as preparation. Without these I would have had no chance of getting a pass in testing - so thanks a million it was worth every penny.

So who else is out there who also won a place ? Goodluck to all those applying to QF as DE and cadets this year.

bullamakanka
28th Jan 2006, 06:57
Congratulations mate and enjoy the journey ahead,

P.S. you dont work for PATS do you??

Cessna Skylane
28th Jan 2006, 07:25
Hi Bull , thanks for that . Some busy challenging times over the next three years( and beyond that of course) but it should be a lot of fun. I had intended going the GA route , as six months ago I didn't give myself a great chance of getting in . The testing seems to be the key , the interview to me I kind of enjoyed. But during the testing a couple of times I felt physically naseaus. I respect people who can teach and do a good job in front of a class - but teaching that stage two stuff - no thanks !

Blue Skies

Soulman
29th Jan 2006, 01:25
CS,

Congrats on being accepted into the course. I lived with a couple of QC's this year and there were only a total of 6 cadets in the level one course. I'm not sure on level two, because they we were Adelaide based.

These guys were/are told of several prospective operators - Air North, Pearl, even JetstarAsia. The latter I think has since been shelved, as some of the '04 Cadets got these gigs.

Some of the '03 cadets at Air North and Pearl are heading to mainline at the moment (I know of two), so you may be looking at one of these operators.

It's still 12-13 months away, and as you probably know, nothing's for sure in aviation.

You've got plenty to look forward to before you have to start worrying about where you're headed next.

charlie uniform mike
30th Jan 2006, 12:17
cs

good work getting in. thats the first of many hurdles u will have on your way to your career. its a tough course but if u believe u can do it u can.

good luck:ok:

theflyer1735
31st Jan 2006, 01:01
A fantastic achivement. Thanks for all the info.:ok: