PDA

View Full Version : stapleford students

cessnasey
27th Jan 2006, 20:38
thinking of finishing my PPL training at stapleford as iv heard good things about the club, and, its not too far from me.

just wondering if the fleet is well maintained? fairly new? availability?

iv done allot of research into the school and looks great. just thought id see if anyone has any tips.

thanks.

Monocock
27th Jan 2006, 20:53
Hi ther C

Don't know a huge amount but I believe they are one of the better ones.

Good luck

M

AerBabe
27th Jan 2006, 21:23
just thought id see if anyone has any tips.
Try not to land at North Weald by accident. :}

AIRWAY
28th Jan 2006, 09:56
Good school, good instructors, great piper fleet, has for the cessna fleet when i was there it was ok, few problems with little things but i guess it happens everywhere, a very positive overall experience.

effortless
28th Jan 2006, 10:17
Nice uphill runway, a mate did his ppl there a few years ago and cannot speak too highly of it. Highly reccommended is how he describes the place.

cessnasey
29th Jan 2006, 17:05
thanks for youre replies. went and checked it out today, chatted to some instructors and saw some of the fleet. school seems very proffesional and the people there were very helpful. i will be be joining them soon :)

3PARA
1st Feb 2006, 22:20
& A GREAT, BIG BOYS, BREAKFAST SERVED THERE TOO :ok:

Donners
3rd Feb 2006, 16:03
well stone me 3 para! You made it of the piste at last...:E

3PARA
4th Feb 2006, 12:00
Nah donners, I'm permanantly Piste :E

AreYouForReal
8th Feb 2006, 17:44
Try not to land at North Weald by accident. :}

We all know who that was dont we..........!!?? Although "said" wasnt navigating........I think a gibbon must have been.......

There is never a problem getting a plane or instructor at stapleford, and the piper fleet is very very good. Only problem with possible avaliability is for the night rating as they only fly 2 nights a week.
The cessna's are good, old, and possibley abused by varrious people, but other then that pretty good, and at a wet rental rate, and no landing fees to pay, it pretty much cant be beaten within the UK.

AerBabe
8th Feb 2006, 18:30
We all know who that was dont we..........!!?? Although "said" wasnt navigating........I think a gibbon must have been.......

We don't all know. Do tell!

AreYouForReal
10th Feb 2006, 16:07
That would be telling, but im sure at some point soon the "said" person will make themselves known on here :p