PDA

View Full Version : WA route - suggestions please

wombat13
27th Jan 2006, 15:08
I have no experience of flying in WA and have no charts to hand (I will collect these when I arrive early March).

I am looking for suggestions for a route, departing Jandakot early on a Friday morning (PA28 Archer) and arriving into a strip at Yallingup late morning the following day (Saturday), when I want to restrict my flying to a maximum of three hours, so that will dictate my stopover on the Friday night.

I guess I would want to keep my flying on the Friday to a maximum of seven hours.

Can anyone suggest a route?

Cheers

Knackers
28th Jan 2006, 00:21
What about a run down to Albany, overnight, then across to Yallingup the next day. Should see a variety of scenery.

the wizard of auz
28th Jan 2006, 04:11
Or slip up to leonora for a look at the desert, then return to JT via Kalgoorlie. you get to see everything except coast.

Islander Jock
28th Jan 2006, 14:29
Bugger off Wiz! I've been to your neck of the woods! Wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy:E

Busselton and Denmark also worth a look. Strips are a bit out of town but you can get a taxi easy enough. Just grab the phone numbers before you leave Jandakot.

the wizard of auz
29th Jan 2006, 03:06
Fair suck of the sav mate, its a great place. :E
hows your wonderful part of the world going?. anyone shot at you today? ;)

OzExpat
29th Jan 2006, 07:17
G'day IJ, long time no see. I think the reason wiz suggested the Leonora route is that he's lonely without his Moresby "route"! :}

Transition Layer
29th Jan 2006, 08:48
A WA Route?

I'd say the Cottesloe on a Sunday arvo - hang on, thats right about now! Get to it man!

TL

the wizard of auz
29th Jan 2006, 11:07
hey wontok, your a bad bad man. :E :}

wombat13
29th Jan 2006, 12:52
Thanks for the suggestions fella's even if you did go a bit adrift towards the end of the thread......:)

Cheers

Towering Q
29th Jan 2006, 14:34
As mentioned before, Albany on the first day, and overnight at the Esplanade on Middleton Beach.

The next day should be Albany to Augusta, then coastal at 500' from Augusta to Yallingup.:ok:

Islander Jock
29th Jan 2006, 14:54
I have no experience of flying in WA
Wombat, looking at your profile I see you are from UK. Mate, I hope you either have an Oz license or have organized a CoV or the only thing you'll be flying will be an Avis Camry. The CofVs are currently taking quite a while to process. Unlike the old days where you could just rock up to the CASA office, present your license and medical and blast off (after check ride of course ;) )
As TQ said, that whole bottom corner of WA is pretty nice from the air.

Wiz,

anyone shot at you today?
Not since last time, I'll have a nice piece of damaged armoured windscreen to show ya next time I get home.