PDA

View Full Version : CASA Medical

Aviatah
27th Jan 2006, 14:23
I thought I'd share my CASA Medical I underwent today, so for those searching "CASA Medical" can see what I went through. As I couldn't find any solid information before I went for mine.
Booked in for CASA Medical getting local DAME's number from the CASA Website. Cost was 180 for the Medical.
You'll need your ARN to begin the form the DAME fills out on the computer. And this is what happened.
Answered a bunch of general questions (for example: do I smoke, any heart problems in the family, general health questions really)
Then, he did a Blood Pressure test with that blow up arm thingy :O
I got my height and weight done. Reflexes, and my chest listened too. As if it were just a general checkup.
Then came the somewhat 'good' tests. I had to hold a hand over each eye and read a chart. Then I had to tell him when these two 'balls' were in eye view. Then I had to follow his finger touching my nose then his finger as he moved his hand around.
Got my ears looked at and eyes looked at with some bright torch.
Had to blow into this machine to test lung capacity im presuming. Then, a hearing test was done. This was probably the 'harder' one of them all. You were headphones and have to press a button when you hear the sounds. Some of these sounds are SO faint but I passed with flying colours :ok: Basically its random beeps of different frequency.
Then came the ECG. They put these sticky things on your body (you have to remove your shirt) and they hook you up to a machine. Felt weird with about 12 wires hanging off you ..
Then came a urine test (so your required to pee in a jar while your there)
That was basically it. You then get a form to go get some blood work done and a referal for an Aviation Opthomologist which is coming next week.
Will keep you updated! Exciting stuff :)