PDA

View Full Version : JETSTAR international vs VIRGIN International

E.P.
27th Jan 2006, 05:22
I hear that VB will be using 777s for the new international arm out of OZ.

Any idea how much they will charge for a 777 rating? I read in the GA forum (??? is there a reason for Jetstar being in the GA section, weird??) that Jetstar will charge AUD40,000 for the 787 rating and the pay was AUD140K for a Capt!!

A QF mate said there had been a rather large group of min hour GA guys being processed recently, and they were told that Jetstar Inter was their probable destination.

Any info from either camp as to when further recruiting starts, numbers required, pay, bases, etc??:ok:

ur2
27th Jan 2006, 06:32
Jetstar Flight Department has just been approved to hire some 80 pilots starting straight away.
New hires will be for either J* Int or J* mini.
Growth will be vertical over the next 5 years and it is said that ANY FO in the company now will have a command within the next 12 to 24 months.
No agreement has yet been signed re a pay deal for J* Int so any $ amount you see quoted as of now is purely speculation.
Jetstar over the last 12 months has hired about 90 pilots and this trend looks like continueing well into the medium term.

Angle of Attack
27th Jan 2006, 06:33
Quote "Any info from either camp as to when further recruiting starts, numbers required, pay, bases, etc??"

I think youll find none of that has been finalised yet, so if anything comes out it will be mainly rumours and guesses, but hey but it is pprune..

Vorsicht
27th Jan 2006, 06:33
No need to charge for a 777 rating. There is plenty of Emirates 777 drivers ready to come.

E.P.
27th Jan 2006, 07:37
Thanks UR2

I dragged this out of the GA forum.....is it correct?

"Just trying to sort out the HR system at J*.

If you join J* Asia you don't have to do any of the QF entry drill and you're endorsement is free, niks, nothing. Then, providing you're not on the ex-Ansett bad boy list you are welcomed down to J* Oz. (despite the no direct entry capt policy)

However, J* Oz requires the full QF entry drill and payment for the endorsement. However, there was a large group who failed all this, yet HR discovered they had made a crew requirement mis-calculation and shazam..they were suddenly acceptable.

And then there are the Impluse boys'n'girls.

Now we have J* Inter with a large crew requirement. Boeing is suggesting AUD40,000 for the 787 endorse.

Soooo...I hear that the current pilots (except the self chosen few) will need to cough up if they want a go at the 787. All new pilots will need to also, and pass the QF entry drilll plus pass the ex-AN boys personal approval criteria.

How many guys are gonna give up what they already have to put up with this, aaaannd is it just me or is there gonna be a dust up from within given all the different entry standards applied? "

MELights
27th Jan 2006, 11:48
A QF mate said there had been a rather large group of min hour GA guys being processed recently, and they were told that Jetstar Inter was their probable destination.

Your QF mate is wrong! There may have been a group of min hour GA guys go through, but QF recruitment has nothing to do with Jetstar! JQ do their own recruitment.

propaganda
27th Jan 2006, 16:17
Does anyone have an email contact in Jet *..pm me if you like.
Cheers, Prop

Woomera
27th Jan 2006, 18:16
E.P. the reason some "airline" threads are moved from the primary Rumour and News forum is because they, like this are more along the lines of enquiry, ie questions.

Our other forum is GA AND Questions. Perhaps it should be renamed as "everything else". It is by no means limited to GA matters, even though the title might suggest so.:ok:

Woomera (Eastern States)

ur2
27th Jan 2006, 21:48
E.P.
The J* Asia pilots in J* at this point don't have seniority numbers in J* and are still employed by J* Asia. As such they have not been released from there. As time goes by the likelyhood of them getting on the seniority list at a point that will secure there commands becomes less and therefore less tenable for them.
So to get back to the original post re employment, I believe that any GA pilot or even a junior FO from VB joining J* would find themselves in the fastest growing airline in the region, and as such a very short time to command. You do the maths. The fleet is expected to tripple over the next 4 to 5 years.
As far as the selection proceedure is concerned it is no different to most other airlines. A sim ride, interview and skills test.
Oh and yes, just as VB does, you will pay for your endorsement (which is the hard one).
By the way not one pilot who is currently employed will have to pay for another endorsement. ie Just the initial A320 on joining. Thats it ! And the 787 wont be around for another 2 years.
Even though I am not one of the ex AN pilots I know it seems at times it is a boys club, but by far most of the ex Impulse pilots have been glad to have them along and know that without them it would have been a very tough job getting CASA to go along with the rate if expansion that all the pilot group will enjoy.

ur2
28th Jan 2006, 21:21
Lattest update on this is J* will be calling up candidates for interviews this week.
All J* pilots have been asked to put forward any names they think should be considered. That indicates either; that a large amount of pilots will be required in a short time, or not enough candidates on offer. Or both.

E.P.
29th Jan 2006, 10:22
Thanks UR2.

Thanks also WOOM. Shame though, this is definitely more Airline discussion (and of interest to Airline guys) than G.A or questions:O and hence the thread will now wither.:{

757manipulator
29th Jan 2006, 15:28
Quite simple here...tell them to stick their A320 Endo where it doesnt shine, if you all do this, no one is gonna have to part with a cent, as you will bonded!

Will it happen? will it like hell:hmm:

ur2
29th Jan 2006, 21:55
Hey , I've got a great idea. How about we all resign from our jobs, that will teach em.
Heard it worked once before. :bored:

E.P.
30th Jan 2006, 03:59
MELights

How many QF cadets and S/Os already fly for Jetstar?

I asked my (non-pilot) QF mate to clarify and he advises that rather than reject outright some the candidates that didn't exactly meet the QF mould, they would be sent to Jetstar International.

By having some young 1000hr pilot pay $40,000 for the endorsement and pay them $60,000pa, the airline is looking profitable from the the start.

Why does the concept of QF sending some more recruits to Jetstar upset you?

ur2
30th Jan 2006, 22:36
E.P
NOT TRUE, Jetstar does all it's own recruiting, QF can't send anyone to them as they don't recruit for jetstar.
The MOU only allows for currently employed QF pilots to apply for a position at J*, it is then up to J* to except or reject anyone they feel would be unacceptable.
QF can't direct any pilot to apply for the MOU transfer.

E.P.
31st Jan 2006, 07:02
Thanks yet again UR2.

I guess it is all in the eyes of the beholder and there was no malice intended.

My QF mate agrees with you. These guys meet a certain standard and will be "offered" to Jetstar Inter and domestic.

They are obviously not ex-Ansett so there is unlikely to be a pre(mis)-conception problems and they have been through all the same hoops, agreed?:ok:

I see on "reporting points" that a guy from Guam is being interviewed. I would have thought enough Aussies would still be available.:O

ur2
2nd Feb 2006, 07:36
Think he would be an Australian citizen.

E.P.
2nd Feb 2006, 08:49
Apparently not. :sad:

Actually quite a few foreign 340/330 guys interested and notified by Jetstar.

Aussies first??:ugh:

aiming point
2nd Feb 2006, 16:24
Hello there, is the recruitment and training at Jetstar managed primarily by pre '89 or post '89 dispute pilots, a happy combination of both or indeed neither? Thanks.

ur2
2nd Feb 2006, 22:09
Both, and all seem to get on fine. :)

aiming point
3rd Feb 2006, 04:19
Very Good, thanks.