PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye 3rd RO

pma 32dd
26th Jan 2006, 18:19
So no more reporting either drafted by your 2nd RO or comments from somebody you've either never met, or seen that year due dets.

Well done Army and Navy for getting the RAF out of this system - a good thing about JPA I think

Pontius Navigator
26th Jan 2006, 19:08
For my money they should get rid of 1 and 2 as well. Only have a report IF you ask for one or IF they think you need one.

Me? I used to get the troops to write the 1st RO bit themselves. How the heck did I know how they were turned out off duty when they perhaps lived 50 miles away? Or what they did in their spare time.

Much is lies anyway.

Bloggs does something.

1st RO gives Bloggs the credit.

Blogg's 2RO gives Bloggs 1st RO the credit.

Blogg's 3rd RO gives Bloggs 2RO the credit

3rd ROs 1st RO gives great report for leadership as witnessed by Bloggs excellent work.

southside
26th Jan 2006, 19:49
How the heck did I know how they were turned out off duty when they perhaps lived 50 miles away? Or what they did in their spare time.
I can't believe you wrote that...? what on earth are you doing man?

The answer to the question is ...You find out. You talk to them, chat with them...go out on the town with them...all in all you do one simple thing...you lead them

500days2do
26th Jan 2006, 19:58
Sadly his name gives it all away. Having done away with leaders in my branch we are now at the mercy of PA spineless RO's who will endevour to keep the status quo....ie.. no young upstarts in their jobs !!! Oh what fun....bring on the desert...again.

5d2d

November4
26th Jan 2006, 20:02
Thank goodness I am no longer in the RAF if that is the attitude to the people in your section. :mad: :mad:

FFP
26th Jan 2006, 20:44
go out on the town with them

Just imagining some scene out of the Fast Show with Ted and the posh one in the pub !!!!

Pontius Navigator
26th Jan 2006, 20:49
Bite:} ...

Pontius Navigator
26th Jan 2006, 21:04
500, I was not talking about keeping people down but the fact that the responsible adults that I report on live miles away from work and would not want to turn out at the pub just to humour me.

And I venture to suggest Iam not alone. How many ROs actually go out with their men more than once or twice per year (except on dets)?

Mead Pusher
27th Jan 2006, 06:29
Well, I go out with my troops more than a couple of times a year! We tend to organise a social event for the Flight every other month, and occasionally I will have a drink in the Rugby Club with them on a Thursday night.

You can find how the junior ranks feel about 'issues' over a beer in a way that you just can't do in the office - they're more relaxed and willing to open up.

Mind you, my guys are mostly Cpls - I don't have any LACs/SACs. But then if I did then I wouldn't have to report on them under the new system anyway! :)

SirPercyWare-Armitag
27th Jan 2006, 11:33
"go out on the town with them" ?

What an awful prospect. Hang around some chav drinking establishment talking about kevball....You are clearly one of these new breed of officers educated at a comprehensive school and who thinks its important to know junior ranks' first names

leshodge
27th Jan 2006, 14:13
Those terrible wednesday afternoons spent as OIC 'Kevball' having a drink with the lads after a match is such a dampener on morale and a waste of time when trying to bridge the Officer/Airmen gap i must assume, or is it more that a report may actually become personal with JPA and as a result some officers may have to remember more than a couple of the aforementioned first names?
For what my opinion isnt worth, im in support of JPA, and the new reporting format.
LH

dallas
27th Jan 2006, 14:19
...bridge the Officer/Airmen gap

Please leave the gap alone! We prefer to be suspicious of officers, which makes it harder for them to f*** us over...

FFP
27th Jan 2006, 14:40
"go out on the town with them" ?
What an awful prospect. Hang around some chav drinking establishment talking about kevball....You are clearly one of these new breed of officers educated at a comprehensive school and who thinks its important to know junior ranks' first names

Loving it Percy ! Loving it !

27th Jan 2006, 14:50
Please leave the gap alone! We prefer to be suspicious of officers, which makes it harder for them to f*** us over...
ROFL!!! :ok:

BEagle
27th Jan 2006, 15:22
"...educated at a comprehensive school..."

Educated?

Surely an oxymoron...

Mead Pusher
27th Jan 2006, 15:50
Sir Percy, does that make you one of the crusty old officers that actually believe that our JNCOs are chavs? ;) Having just been awarded my second degree (one Physics, one Philosophy) I don't think my Comprehensive education is all that bad either! I'm sure your comments were light hearted, though.

Not sure which Service you're with, but in the RAF our Cpls are professionals that have a range of sensible opinions on contemporary issues. Most are also a pleasure to chat to over a few drinks. None of my staff are 'chavs'.

Perhaps the lack of understanding and trust in your subordinates that you are showing is a factor that contributes to our top-heavy command structure in the Services.

Mead Pusher
27th Jan 2006, 16:10
Just realised that my last post might seem to imply that JNCOs of the RN and Army are not up to the RAF's standards.

Not my intention - it's just that I have never commanded any JNCOs from other Services (just one AGC Sgt), so I cannot comment on them!

FFP
27th Jan 2006, 16:57
Come on Mead, he's only having a laugh !!

I went to a comprehensive school but managed to get into the officer fraternity. Anyone that gets all uptight about having their educational background belittled is just asking for more.

Mead Pusher
27th Jan 2006, 17:19
True enough, I did bite!

I'm sure we could say plenty about the public school fraternity if necessary! :)

engineer(retard)
27th Jan 2006, 17:44
"I'm sure we could say plenty about the public school fraternity if necessary!"

Not without mentioning the Liberal Democrats :)

BEagle
27th Jan 2006, 18:30
"I'm sure we could say plenty about the public school fraternity if necessary!"

Perhaps. But for mere grammar school or, perish the thought, secondary modern or comprehensive oiks, it would be nothing more than pure jealousy.

And if you cut up rough, I shall send you to Flashman for a sound thrashing, followed by hot crumpets and a counselling session behind the bike sheds. Vaseline supplied....

As for the Limp-wristed Democrats, with more and more potential leaders biting the pillow, sorry, biting the dust - their days seem bumbered..oops, numbered.

(Apologies to those who don't feel the need to pretend or to lie...)

Maple 01
27th Jan 2006, 20:23
go on BEags, do the Jeremy Thorpe joke, you know you want to!

BEagle
27th Jan 2006, 20:33
You mean the one about him having something in common with William the Conqueror? I daren't - my brother was a LibDem PPC in the last election....

Although when I was at Scampton in V-force days, the nearby village of Thorpe-in-the-Fallows was aptly renamed, as you can possibly guess!