PDA

View Full Version : Air Nelson Q300 - waddawee make of her?

Don Mask
26th Jan 2006, 06:25
We are starting to see a lot of her around the traps. What's the word from those who sit up the front. All good? Some of the gear on board is the airline equivalent of Pat Benetar (rocked the world in the 80's but still good for a bit of a giggle these days, if only to illustrate how far we've come............). Q stands for quiet. Is it? Does the APU really cost a fortune to start and run? Is its Vle/Vlo really that low?

Don Mask - always 100%

Blue Line
26th Jan 2006, 06:51
All I know is goign into Wellies everyone has to slow up for the 737's, now everyone (even the 737's ) have to slow up for the Dash's

Don Mask
26th Jan 2006, 07:19
Is that where the 'Q comes from? We all have to queue up behind her?
Don Mask - always 100%

belowMDA
26th Jan 2006, 18:30
Funny how it works, every time I go into chch I have to slow up my 73 for an ATR. Could be the controllers version of mates rates though:}

757manipulator
26th Jan 2006, 18:37
Everything has to slow up for a Dash 8, although a 733 is pretty sluggish at the best of times:hmm:

MOR
27th Jan 2006, 10:49
Those 757's aren't too flash either... used to get sick of having to slow down for a Speedbird doing 140kts at 15D... controller saying stuff like "er... no speed control"...

Hands up all those who can't maintain 250 kts to the marker... ;) :} :ok:

haughtney1
27th Jan 2006, 12:35
Those 757's aren't too flash either... used to get sick of having to slow down for a Speedbird doing 140kts at 15D... controller saying stuff like "er... no speed control"...

Yeah but thats cause the cabin crew are probably 5 mins away from a CAT payment or a long day payment!:E
250kts to the marker is easy:} ...its just hard to get back to 130kts by the fence:p :E :ok:
Mind you they bloody well make you do 220kts till about 7 miles at CDG (well I did that to beat a froggie B'Stard who would have got No 1 if I hadnt:E )

MOR
27th Jan 2006, 14:25
Well I probably got delayed by you then, used to spend half my life going in and out of CDG. Bet you couldn't land on 26L and clear the runway down Sierra 5 now, could you?

Half the time we got slowed down at Dieppe to allow for some slow speedbird ahead of us going via Merue... 220 kts for 80-odd miles.

Always remember the day a few years back, around Christmas, when I asked for a visual onto 26L - and I got it! :ok:

haughtney1
27th Jan 2006, 19:49
Well I probably got delayed by you then, used to spend half my life going in and out of CDG. Bet you couldn't land on 26L and clear the runway down Sierra 5 now, could you?

Nigel didnt want to spill the cheese board..or his G & T:E
Sierra 5 eh? well I never liked taxying back past the Cargo Apron that much either....then the bloody idiots send you round the outer..and back round the inner cos you have to go to terminal 1 and they know your gonna cook the brakes:p
By the way are you missing it yet? Double Chambery tommorrow:} !!

pakeha-boy
27th Jan 2006, 21:17
I have little to offer this forum in the way of constructive comments.............

Woomera
27th Jan 2006, 21:37
Another useless thread soaking up bandwidth:suspect: Not one single answer to the question asked.

Woomera (Eastern States)