PDA

View Full Version : Help Requested - Know A Good Solicitor?

Radar Muppet
25th Jan 2006, 10:45
Hello all

It feels a bit tacky to be asking for this on prune but can anyone recommend a good solicitors practice for military accident litigation? I have got to look after my family's future and I have been medically discharged due to an injury in the sand pit. Please don't use this thread for a slanging match but do feel free to PM me or reply on here.

Thanks in advance.

RM

airborne_artist
25th Jan 2006, 11:26
Have you tried asking this Q on arrse.co.uk?

BEagle
25th Jan 2006, 11:46
The one and only Gilbert Blades is your man! A well-known expert in the field who has helped many service personnel over the years.

See:

http://www.wilkinchapman.com/html/forces.asp

DISCLAIMER: I have no personal or commercial connections with this business.

ORAC
25th Jan 2006, 12:08
See if you join in with this lot - Soldiers to sue MoD for lives blighted by Iraq (http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/story/0,,1692286,00.html)

.....15 British soldiers who recently served in Iraq are to sue the government over claims it failed to help them cope with the psychological trauma of the conflict. The Observer has learnt the servicemen, who include senior officers, will launch legal action against the Ministry of Defence over allegations of 'medical negiglence.' They are the first cases of litigation brought by troops involved in the current conflict and will reignite concerns over its duty of care. Mark McGhee of Manchester-based Linda Myers Solicitors said the cases involved men who had told the Army they were suffering serious psychological trauma following service in Iraq, but did not receive the appropriate help.

Edna Clouds
25th Jan 2006, 12:14
This being discussed on Radio 2 now!! If you miss it look at "Listen Again" on BBC website

Tonkenna
25th Jan 2006, 12:26
I would suggest my ex-wifes solicitor... he was bl00dy good:uhoh:

Probably the wrong area of law though...

Tonks:ugh:

psy clops
25th Jan 2006, 14:25
The one and only Gilbert Blades is your manI'm not sure BEags.

Some years ago I got tangled up in a messy post-happy hour “defenestration incident” (at least that was what the AOC called it…:uhoh:) which resulted in the requirement for legal representation. After some very careful research, including a call to a mate at STC P1, we decided not to use Gilbert Blades as he was in semi-retirement and less of the 'sure thing' than he used to be.

We ended up using Tony Miles – based in Bristol, but I’m afraid I don’t have his contact details here. Good luck btw, and I hope that you injury does not cause you long term problems.

Radar Muppet
25th Jan 2006, 15:27
Thanks all.

abortt
25th Jan 2006, 19:23
Check you PM's:ok:

Zoom
26th Jan 2006, 09:54
Try pr00ne. Bit of a misguided lefty but has a v good track record.

Same disclaimer as BEagle's.

Radar Muppet
26th Jan 2006, 16:19
Thanks very much to all who posted and PM'd. I have now engaged a solicitor (engaged in the commercial sense rather than shooting him!) and am proceeding. I'll update you all when I get a result.....so don't hold your breath.

RM

White Noise
30th Jan 2006, 17:50
The one and only Gilbert Blades is your man! A well-known expert in the field who has helped many service personnel over the years.

See:

http://www.wilkinchapman.com/html/forces.asp

DISCLAIMER: I have no personal or commercial connections with this business.

Beware after a recent debacle on a case against the MOD they are now being looked at for professiona incompetence and i have heard they are no on the treasury solicitors books.