PDA

View Full Version : A380 Payments for QF Lames

Turbo 5B
25th Jan 2006, 04:13
I heard a rumour today that some Lames at QF had offered to undertake A380 training and get the rating but receive no payment for it.
Anybody know if this is correct?

chockchucker
25th Jan 2006, 04:43
That's the thing with the LAME (quota)pay system. Once you reach the level nine ceiling, it doesn't matter how many more licences you get, you will not advance any further up the pay scale until a position becomes available.
So, I don't think anybody could be trying anything shifty. I think you'll find that the majority of LAME's that are on the initial A380 training will not get any financial benefit from it. A fact that may cause some to be ambivilent as to whether they receive any further training or not.
The only LAME's who stand to benefit financially from an A380 rating are younger LAME's who are on the lower level's of the pay scale (level 3 to maybe 6 or 7). Usually, with a new type, you would expect all the more senior guys to be offered the training first anyway.
With that reasoning, I doubt that anybody will be offering to do an A380 course for nothing, Because most of the blokes that are to be trained on the thing won't be eligible to be paid any more than they already are.

Over and gout
25th Jan 2006, 07:00
I would have thought they would have to pay $30000 for their type training.....:mad:

Turbo 5B
26th Jan 2006, 22:48
But is it true or not? Does anyone know?

chockchucker
27th Jan 2006, 03:22
For the reasons explained previously, I find it highly unlikely that your rumor is true Turbo.

If it was true, then the people involved would only be shooting themselves in the foot.

Turbo 5B
27th Jan 2006, 08:20
I think that you can only reach the highest levels with extra training points, this means that you would indeed be shooting yourselves in the foot if you were at level 9 or 10. If however you were at the top it would make no difference.
The point is, NO TRAINING SHOULD TAKE PLACE UNTIL AN AGREEMENT HAS TAKEN PLACE ON THE VALUE OF THE TRAINING POINTS.
A statement needs to come from the ALAEA on the progress of the discussions that should be taking place on the value of the licence.
We dont want another debacle like the EL training for the 747 300s.