PDA

View Full Version : Good Modular schools in Oz...

pilotezulu
24th Jan 2006, 21:27
Just wondering if you chaps know of any good modular training schools in Oz? I was looking into going to Basair, but it just seems too expensive. Or is it really worth the money?

Already have a PPL + Night Rating (approx. 80 hours flying experience).

I'm looking more at the Sydney/Melbourne areas.

Cheers,

pilotezulu

planemad_bk
24th Jan 2006, 22:48
pilotezulu, check your PMs

pilotezulu
25th Jan 2006, 06:28
planemad_bk ... thanks for the pm. I will have to look into it. I am looking for a flying a school who may hire me as an instructor later on, since this is what I really want to do: A.To learn more by training students and B.To build the hours.

Any other schools in the area? Some others I have looked at are Aerospace Aviation, Sydney Aviation College (Bankstown) ... then out west (which is rather far from where I want to be) is Western Australian Aviation College.

There's also some schools up near Brisbane, Arena and Ad-Astral? Any good or no go?

pilotezulu
25th Jan 2006, 11:11
Oh ... and also does anybody know if an international student may enrol in a modular school ... or must it be an integrated course?

I'm sure there is a minimum requirement whether it be modular/integrated ... in order to keep within the limitations of the student visa requirements. Perhaps like a number of hours or so per week or something?