PDA

View Full Version : Citiexpress interviews.

shaun ryder
23rd Jan 2006, 19:25
Can anyone verify for me whether the HR department at CX, when calling you in for your interview date, leave a message if your mobile contact number is either off, or out of range?
Silly question maybe, but I have not recieved my call yet and am a little concerned that maybe I have missed the call. Reason being, an associate was called today, he missed the call and no message was left. He subsequently rang back and got through to their switchboard.
Thanks.

rotatrim
23rd Jan 2006, 20:46
Calls are being made by more than one person from BACX

I missed the first call but a message was left with a number to call them back.

shaun ryder
23rd Jan 2006, 20:54
Thanks for that rotatrim, good luck with your interview.

Chinchilla.612
23rd Jan 2006, 21:24
I missed my call for interview as the phone was off while I was flying. They very kindly left me a message with a contact name and number, and were very helpful.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your call soon.
Chinchilla.

oldandskint
24th Jan 2006, 07:23
Shaun Ryder

Can you tell me what date did you receive the email from BACX saying you would get an interview??

Many thanks and good luck

ph81ds
25th Jan 2006, 11:36
I had the email 28th Sept and I haven't had the call yet. Sitting tight for the moment, I'm sure they'll get round to us soon.

PH

shaun ryder
5th Feb 2006, 22:16
I am still waiting!!

YYZ_Instructor
6th Feb 2006, 12:40
So am I! :sad:

In-epta
6th Feb 2006, 16:13
Don't worry guys hang on in there.

I got a phonecall completely out of the blue on Friday asking if I could make an interview at short notice this week.

From what I can hear things are moving and so hopefully your time will come soon.

Without being a pain can anyone let me know where I can find out some corporate info on BA connect, how they have been re-structured to save money and who the key people are. Also what the plans for aircraft fleets are in the near future.

Beers all round for any good information!

Thanks in advance

maverick777
6th Feb 2006, 16:41
in-epta

Hi,

When did you receive your e-mail. Was it late october by any chance? (Oct 30th i got mine)

In-epta
6th Feb 2006, 16:49
yes I think so

I submitted my application at 23:48 on the evening of the deadline so I think my number was 200ish!

Like I said it was a call out of the blue as these things often are

CaptYanknBank
6th Feb 2006, 18:06
Hi guys,

If they call ya outta the blue for an interview at short notice, do it, don't hesitate, it'll benefit you in the long run. You look good and keen to them and it will put you a few places up in the pool.
I was called in at short notice and then changed to an even earlier date, nerve-wracking but I bit the bullet and went for it, well worth it...

The interview was very good, most enjoyable.:ok:

When I was not able to take a call, they left a name and number to contact.

Good luck.

CY&B :ok:

In-epta
6th Feb 2006, 18:09
Capt Yanknbank

check your PM's!

Cheers

jaarrgh
7th Feb 2006, 10:42
Don't know if this has come up elsewhere but 6 FO's have courses in March for the Dash. I believe they have been informed. Hope this helps with the picture.

maverick777
7th Feb 2006, 10:44
INEPTA

You Say:

"submitted my application at 23:48 on the evening of the deadline so I think my number was 200ish!"

The "window" of opportunity was open to BA Connect for a month. I applied within the first week and got number 00334.

It doesnt add up that i submitted mine before you, yet got a later higher number. Still no call. Got my e-mail on 30th Oct.

Can you - or anyone else, shed any light on this?????

Cutoff
7th Feb 2006, 10:53
I think that the number is assigned when you first start the onlie application process, not when you actually submitted it, completed.

kefun
7th Feb 2006, 11:22
Hey guys/girls,

Can any one of you give me the contact email for BA Connect recruitment? I only JUST finished my MCC course and find out that they've closed the online application! :mad:

Would really appreciate any help you could give on this. Many thanks in advance

kefun
7th Feb 2006, 12:53
thanks Gator. I guess it's always going to be a matter of waiting for the opportunity to arise. Best of luck to all of you and your future endeavours!

K

ChocksAwayUK
7th Feb 2006, 13:31
Anyone care to post the "essay questions" from the last form? I've no doubt some of you have them saved to file and can just cut&paste :) Would me nice to start working on my answers in advance should the questions be the same.

WGW
7th Feb 2006, 16:12
Please give an example of an occasion where you have exercised good judgement and decision-making skills.

Please give an example of a situation where you performed effectively as a member of a team.

Please give an example of an occasion where you achieved a successful result through effective communication. (Note: The use of linguistic/foreign language skills would NOT be appropriate as an answer.)

Please indicate a business issue currently facing the aviation industry and how a regional airline could meet the challenge(s) it presents.

Please explain why you wish to join a regional airline as a pilot and what personal qualities you feel you could bring to this particular company in a flight operations role.

ChocksAwayUK
7th Feb 2006, 16:31
Good stuff.. thanks very much WGW.

But gawd.. they really are exactly the same as the Flybe ones aren't they? Not sure if that's some kind plagaristic laziness or if they have the same recruitment team or something.

moku
7th Feb 2006, 16:43
Well since they are the same questions I answered nearly 2 years ago and FlyBe have just started the online app... Who copied who?? Plus Ian Cheese, EX BACX now works for the Be.

M.:E

window-seat
7th Feb 2006, 17:30
British Airways' regional subsidiary, British Airways CitiExpress, is to embark on a major drive to improve profitability and compete more aggressively in the UK regions.

The regional airline, to be renamed BA Connect, will bring significant benefits to regional air travellers by offering more choice and even lower fares with prices slashed by more than 40 per cent.
BA Connect will offer:

A single class cabin on all aircraft.
High-quality, buy on board, hot and cold catering.
Year-round, changeable, one-way fares from as little as £25, including taxes, fees and charges.
A new offering for business and frequent flyers called 'BA Connect Plus'.

The major shake up will see restricted and non-changeable tickets disappear. All tickets will be changeable, no matter how little they cost*. British Airways' Club Europe brand will no longer feature on the regional services to Continental Europe.

There will be two ticket types:

'BA Connect' - a non-restricted and changeable ticket*. Two million seats will be available, year- round, at the lowest prices. Travellers will also accumulate BA Miles on every fare.

'BA Connect Plus' - a non-restricted and changeable ticket with airport lounge access and instant seat selection at the time of booking included in the price. Prices will start from £110 one-way, including taxes, fees and charges. This fare level also allows travellers to earn Executive Club frequent flyer points and BA Miles.

All customers will be eligible for membership of British Airways' Executive Club, as well as having access to on-line check-in, on-line boarding pass printing, self-service check-in and a valet bag service.

BA Connect will take to the air on March 26, 2006 and bookings will be made through the airline's ba.com website from February 1 as well as through travel agents and the airline's telephone reservations centres.

Prior to the official relaunch it is business as usual for customers who may continue to make reservations for British Airways CitiExpress services through the normal booking channels**

The re-launch will be supported by a major sales and marketing campaign and is part of British Airways' drive to improve the profitability of its short-haul flight operations.

The aircraft livery and staff uniforms will remain unchanged, apart from the name 'BA Connect', which will appear on the fuselage.

Flights at London City airport, and also those of British Airways mainline at Heathrow and Gatwick, will continue to offer complimentary catering on shorthaul services and a separate Club Europe cabin on the European network.

David Evans, managing director British Airways CitiExpress, said: "The restructuring of the regional business will set us apart in this fiercely competitive market. We have an innovative service promise for business and short-break leisure air travellers, offering year-round, one-way prices that match the no-frills airlines and the added service promise and resources of an airline of British Airways' size and stature.

"The move is a direct response to changing customer needs and the challenges that have emerged in the marketplace since the creation of British Airways CitiExpress. We know air travellers value British Airways' distinctive brand and the wide range of benefits associated with a full service airline at competitive prices."
Full details of the BA Connect fares and customer experience will be available on ba.com from February 1, 2006.

good luck to everyone

W-S

CapedVulture
8th Feb 2006, 11:54
Had the email Oct 10th last year. Still waiting.
Anyone received an email from that day or earlier, who has been called?
Thanks

YYZ_Instructor
8th Feb 2006, 12:03
I got mine on the 31st of October, still waiting!
I can't believe its taking this long...I'm so bored of waiting!
Good luck to everyone still waiting to go!

YYZ_Instructor

Han 1st Solo
8th Feb 2006, 16:22
Got the email 10th October, assessment day was the 16th January, my sim ride is on the 19th of February, they'll get to you eventually. Be patient is all I can say, good luck.

six-sixty
8th Feb 2006, 16:50
Email late Sept, assesment day 16th Jan, simmed a week or so later. I understand the hold pool is quite full at the mo (for the Dash anyway) so that's probably the reason they're eaking it out longer.

stanlystansted
8th Feb 2006, 17:19
I had my e-mail on September 29th and am still waiting... I know people who had a later e-mail and have now got interview dates. No logical order then... Encouragingly, I hear a lot of people in the interview pool have now got other jobs, so they should get through the backlog quicker:)

fast & fat
8th Feb 2006, 19:51
Having received my email (like a few of you out there) on the 31st Oct, a friend and I were in CX's neck of the woods this afternoon.

So we tried my luck and called in at their head office, if you take the fact that we didn't get thru the front door of the building away and we didn't get to speak to anyone except a very nice security guard it was alright.

I basically wanted to ask if the whole restructure of the company to BA connect had effected their recruitment requirements and that they are still actively recruiting the lucky few.

So the very nice security guard went off to find out the answer to our questions, taking care that we didn’t sneak thru the door behind him, on his return we found out that Yes they are still recruiting at present but its priority has been reduced at present while they are setting out the new company structure and all new operating procedures that go with it.

At the end of the day the moral of the story is just be patient!!!

Fast & Fat

:{ :ok:

carbonfibre
9th Feb 2006, 06:38
Got a call yesterday inviting for interview mid March

Got the e-mail Oct 10th and the number was 230 ish when i registered. They did say about 4 months so hold on in there

Anyone had the new style recruitment day as yet?

Carbon:ok:

angelorange
9th Feb 2006, 13:28
spoke to HR - said they would be reopening the website application form very soon - if you haven't had an interview by the time it goes live again then just re-apply.

Canada Goose
9th Feb 2006, 15:15
So are you saying then that HR informed you that if you've been notified that you have been selected for an interview already, but not called with a date before it goes live again then to re-apply? That doesn't make sense!

YYZ_Instructor
15th Feb 2006, 08:55
Anyone get a phone call from OCT 31 e-mails?

I got an offer to fly a Cheyenne in Canada and to move to captain on it in 3 months time...I don't know what to do?

Wait for BA or go fly the Cheyenne...the problem is I want to live in the UK, any advice from people that know what is going on behind the doors at BA?

Cheers

YYZ_Instructor

by the way i'm 1250TT 550multi PIC and 29yrs old

angelorange
15th Feb 2006, 09:21
Go fly Canada - you won't regret it! It's all good experience especially the P1 twin turbine time. Always take the firm offers not the maybes - better to be flying with 500 to 800 hours under your belt by this time next year than to have been on the dole in the UK with no more hours in your logbook.

Canada Goose
15th Feb 2006, 17:02
YYZ,

Depends upon your circumstances, sounds like a great opportunity if there is nothing else holding you in the UK (e.g house and family) and there is the line of thought as Angelorange says that you should grab the firm offer !

I don't know what the level of your experience is, but I presume you've done some instructing, however 3 months to command seems a little premature - no? No offense meant !

Good luck anyhow.
Cheers,
CG.

jaarrgh
17th Feb 2006, 10:18
YYZ instructor,
As a former YYJ instructor now with baconnect my advice would also be to take the firm offer, but be ready to get over here. multicrew tp time is all good so you have nothing to lose by taking it. I dont know where you are in the bacon system but for me it was a year from application to start date, so it can take a while. But life in the company is great and well worth joining, with good prospects in the short term. Getting on to the erj is quite quick(about a year) so by the time our 2 year sword of damacles falls... you will be in a good position for life elsewhere. pm me if you wish ehhh.

Canada Goose
17th Feb 2006, 13:04
YYZ Instructor - sorry. Just noticed you had posted your experience. Not sure if was there when I first read but quite clearly is now ;-)

jaarrgh - I've sent you a pm.

Cheers,
CG.

mightyduck
8th Mar 2006, 07:00
Hi Just got calles up last week for an interview next week.
Applied in October.
Does any body know what to expect for the interview (how many people, what kind, questions etc.) and the group exercise
Thanks

Canada Goose
9th Mar 2006, 10:23
What dates/days are they running the assessments next week or for that matter the remainder of March ?

Good luck to those going. :ok:

Cheers,
CG