PDA

View Full Version : Wot aircraft (type and country) in low level video?

RJM
22nd Jan 2006, 04:29
Can anyone settle a debate about what aircraft and whose airforce this hoon flys for? The caption says it's a Boeing. I'm no expert, but I wasn't aware of a Boeing fighter...

http://www.youtube.com/w/Altitude-Four-Boeing-Fighter-Jets-Training?v=sLyYgKaDFtk&search=altitude

WASALOADIE
22nd Jan 2006, 04:43
Mirages and I think they are French

mfaff
22nd Jan 2006, 08:59
The aircraft filmed taking off atr Mirage F1s..not sure which sub variant...then the tanker is a KC-135R and the planes in the second section are Mirage 2000s....

The only people who have that combo are the French and my guess is that it was filmed in Chad....

RJM
22nd Jan 2006, 12:13
Those crazy frogs - thanks for the detailed help!

recceguy
28th Jan 2006, 07:04
It's obviously not "Boeing" or even american fighters. Those are Mirage F1CR then Mirage 2000D of the French Air Force, performing low-level training - undoubtedly in Chad, although the moutains with trees are more likely to be somewhere in North Africa (or maybe Gibuti?) In all those places, FAF squadrons have maintained a constant presence for the past thirty years (also with Jaguars and Mirage III, which have now left) Some war missions completed against the lybians (bombing of airfields and radar sites, close air support of ground troops - french marines - and even shooting down some aircraft, notably a Sukhoi-22) All in all, a very private war, with casualties on both sides (*) away from CNN and Fox News comments - but who needs them ?

(*) Two whole lybian airbases in the deserts being wiped out, no prisoners amongst an estimated 2000 staff-force including women, and missile launchers, helicopters and aircraft being taken away as bounty for french industry intelligence, with some eventually founding their way to british warbirds inventory - what a memory...

scan
28th Jan 2006, 16:51
Sod what type of ac they are who plays the music?

gravity victim
28th Jan 2006, 17:26
A good bit where they jink to avoid an oncoming lorry...:eek:

L Peacock
28th Jan 2006, 17:36
Scan

Muse I believe.

PPRuNeUser0211
28th Jan 2006, 17:41
Muse - New born IIRC