PDA

View Full Version : looking for Qantas CPP info

cx587
22nd Jan 2006, 00:23
anyone has info on it...??? if i post this thread on the wrong section i apologize cuz i'm new here...thz =D

dr_doLiTTle
22nd Jan 2006, 07:12
hey mate, have you been given "the call" for the cadetship? do you know if anyone has yet?

cx587
23rd Jan 2006, 23:46
oo oo..not yet...i'm only trying to prepare for the 2007 intake...but i noe Qantas has a due date to inform u that u will noe whether u pass or fail...

Tagneah
23rd Jan 2006, 23:54
i noe dat Qannas 'as a inglish test dat day make u do so dat day dont get ppl dat tipe like dis.

Better to practice now lest you let a "Noe" slip in your application!

dr_doLiTTle
24th Jan 2006, 01:09
be careful guys, Tagneah will pull you up if you make a spelling mistake.

get a life mate.

Horatio Leafblower
24th Jan 2006, 02:40
Who was it who wrote "language is the dress of thought"?:ouch: Samuel Johnson I think.

Stallie will correct me if I am wrong, I am sure.

cx587, it could be said your intellectual fly is undone when you type like a 12 year old :ooh:

Hugh Jarse
24th Jan 2006, 03:23
Maybe e was tryin 2 keep it @ 160 chars or less typin like its an sms:8 2 save 25c:ok:

Tagneah
24th Jan 2006, 05:48
Dr Doolittle,

It has nothing to do with a spelling mistake. Its can't be a mistake if the person is typing "noe" and "cuz" on purpose. To use english such as that when there is really no reason is silly.

You play the way you train.

Tag

PS Good luck in your application for the Cadetship. Your attitude has already won me over

dr_doLiTTle
24th Jan 2006, 07:23
Tagneah,

fair enough, point taken.

Thanks, i actually got 'the call' not too long ago :D . Im still in disbelief!

dd

cx587
24th Jan 2006, 16:18
come on guys, we are here to help each other sharing what we know...i don't wish PPrune to be like some other forums which turn out to be some quarrel or msg-fight forum over some stuff that is not worthed it...

everyone has its own style of writing...nothing in the world is said to this point "ok...if you don't do this, then you can't become this or that"...using other words like "cuz, noe" jsut represent another culture or even language...it is alrite if u don't appreciate it but please do not make fun of it...cuz that will be relevant to discrimination...becuz we are pilots...we could have known better in respecting, helping, tolerating each other is very important to ensure flight safety...

that's all i wanted to say...if you guys want to continue the argument...carry on...btw...thx for those who replied =D

*Lancer*
24th Jan 2006, 21:56
Boyaka-sha!

English is the international language of aviation... not that.

TLAW
24th Jan 2006, 23:27
Boyaka-sha!
English is the international language of aviation... not that.

I believe the correct spelling is 'Booyakasha!', although Boyaka-sha is an acceptable ethnic variant ;)

*Lancer*
24th Jan 2006, 23:51
Respeck me mate, respeck!

CaptainToBe
24th Jan 2006, 23:51
Chinkooey (sp?)

Transition Layer
25th Jan 2006, 06:44
Yackasmesh!

Fragnasty
11th Feb 2006, 12:41
Time for the old classic......

Thronomister!!

Choice 'bro!

Altimeters
11th Feb 2006, 22:47
Yakshamesh,

Every Englishman must have a hobby some like to collect the stamp, some like to the make the jam, but the most fun is 2 talk like dis & not hav evry1 undastand wat u r on about. Like people have said before, English the international language. People that use 'sms language' start to get into that habit. Now what exactly is the point of using this 'sms language' when you can spell the words correctly?

You said yourself "come on guys, we are here to help each other sharing what we know" and this is exactly what we are doing.

Chekooey.

falcon996
11th Feb 2006, 23:11
ok im pretty new here, like very new, but i want to know more about the cadet program, like how smart do you have to be? What kind of hsc marks should i be shooting for here? and also should i join those air cadets?
ps, that sms writing is really hard to understand

ANDRE25i
12th Feb 2006, 06:49
falcon, check your PMs

RamAirInlet
12th Feb 2006, 07:17
Yep. Looks like I've got a pretty good shot at getting into the 2007 intake. :} :ok:

falcon996
13th Feb 2006, 05:08
is anyone else going for the cpp? has anyone gotten in? should i get a license even for 1st grade? ive done most of the theory exams so i have a little experience but do i need like employment history or something like that?

Knight navigator
14th Feb 2006, 10:34
Its can't be a mistake if the person is typing "noe" and "cuz" on purpose. To use english such as that when there is really no reason is silly.

Tagneah, I think you meant to type 'it' instead of 'its'. And by the way 'English' is spelt with a capital 'E'.

TLAW
14th Feb 2006, 11:13
Gaudere's Law

charlie uniform mike
16th Feb 2006, 21:47
Falcon, i dont know how relevant it is but i can tell u the average UAI of the cadets i knew was about 91. However one of the guys UAI was around 80 and he did better than most of them. so a good HSC is preffered but not essential. and yes air cadtes is a great idea to show that u have an interest in aviation.

Keg
16th Feb 2006, 22:43
should i join those air cadets?

Whilst I'm an advocate of the AAFC as a means of development of skills, the answer depends on how old you are. If you're 16 or older then whilst you can still join, you're probably a little too old to get much benefit out of it (other than cheaper flying and even this depends on which you state you live in because each state utilises different service providers!).

So, if you're in year 10 now, go for it. If you're older than that then probably too late. If you've left school then becoming a staff member may be something to think about but it's tough joining the AAFC with no previous history with the organisation.

I hope that helps.

falcon996
17th Feb 2006, 04:19
well im seventeen and im guessing ill get about a 91uai so i guess ill give the air cadets a miss,
ps does anyone know the pros/cons of the air force, i know that to get flight training they sign you up for fifteen years but does anyone know anything else?

ANDRE25i
17th Feb 2006, 05:21
Considering i'm from vic, can someone shed some light on the possible equivalent of a "uai" of 91 as an Enter score in victoria? thanks in advance

*Lancer*
17th Feb 2006, 11:40
Falcon,

The RAAF pays for all your training, but it costs 12 years (possibly 8 if you're in the army/navy, or 15 if you go to ADFA). You'll fly some awesome equipment, hard, in some fairly exotic places, but they might take a shot at you from time to time. You'll be about 30 when you start at Qantas, if that's where you end up.

Cadet programme you have to pay for it yourself, but it pays off in only a few years. You'll sit in the back seat for ages soaking up some exotic places, and be an FO by the time you're 30 when you can actually finally fly the thing yourself.

Pros and Cons are probably about the same... it just depends what floats your boat really! Good luck

falcon996
17th Feb 2006, 21:43
andre,
the uai system is a ranking if that helps at all, eg 90 means 10%of people are smarter, 80 means 20% of people are etc

ANDRE25i
17th Feb 2006, 23:51
Falcon,
thanks for the response, thats what I was guessing. so i suppose having achieved a 96.2; that would render me in the top 3.8%; in victoria.

i joined the aafc at the start of yr10. I conquer with Keg; starting at the age of 17; isn't the most beneficial; especially if you want to achieve a respectable rank within the organistion.

I went on a number of their flying camps down at Point Cook (i think it was about 110/hour); although it was a lot of fun i reckon they could have been more professional in their delivery of training; the standards weren't the best.
It might be that altough they charge you less per flight; they'll make you fly more hours! In the end, if your wanting to attain for instance a ppl, you'll pay just as much if you were training with the aafc than a normal school.

Puchatek
18th Feb 2006, 01:05
As much as a good UAI (TER if your from SA) is good, don't get so concerned about fantastic marks and forget about all the other stuff such as sports and all those leadership and teamwork building activities that you can involve yourself in whilst at school. Good marks are great, but the application is 7 pages long with only one of those dedicated to results achieved. If you can back your marks up with evidence that you aren't afraid to involve yourself in other character building activities (AIRTC is a great one as is Duke of ED etc) then you are more likely to be deemed "competitive" IMHO.

paleale
18th Feb 2006, 10:22
dont forget, even though you need maths English and physics, you dont need a UAI to get into the cadetship, and they arent looking for rocket scientists as much as they are looking for good blokes with a brain between their ears, and will have a beer at the end of the day.

i happen to know of a cadet within the system who back in the day scored less than 50 TER and before you think that must have been a while ago think again.

cadets at the end of the day are the same as any other pilot, just sharing the love of flying

best of luck to everybody in their respective careers

Pale:ok:

ANDRE25i
19th Feb 2006, 02:57
I couldn't agree more. Marks and school results aren't the "do or die" of getting selected. You must also in addition give much emphasise to extra-curricular activities, and sport.... There's enough information on the qantas website to support that argument. I suppose you pretty much got to be an all-rounder; no major weaknesses.
cheers

ANDRE25i
19th Feb 2006, 07:16
...the answer depends on how old you are.
I thought that was specified by falcon, in his name/details. unless it wasn't up at the time u responded. oh well, who cares

Keg
19th Feb 2006, 08:38
I have information that will help you. You guys want the kind of information that I have. I don't live to search out your biographical information so forgive me if I don't know your life story! :rolleyes: :*

It's all good now! :cool: :D

*Lancer*
19th Feb 2006, 12:20
Keg's other hand is used for bitch-slapping :} :)

ANDRE25i
20th Feb 2006, 03:07
Keg
Sorry to have caused such a dillema. I had merely been reading through the posts; and spotted a small glitch/mistake; hey i'd just thought id let u know.
I was not mittigating that you know our whole lifes details; i just thought his age was written under his name/details. anyways, who cares i suppose; it doesn't matter.
hopefully from now on we can move forwards and upwards.

If any you guys out there want info on stage 2 selection or interview questions; just PM me. I reckon we got a better chance at getting in; if we help each other out; and combine our information/knowledge/experiences.....

Cheers

(peace)
:D :) :ok: