PDA

View Full Version : Squadron Photo Albums

OC YUAS
21st Jan 2006, 20:39
Chaps/chapesses

Help wanted please. The studes on the country's Premier UAS are trying to source some large photo albums for the Sqn. The type that we are looking for might be described as the traditional squadron photo album. Hardbacked, usually of leather or a material covering onto which the Sqn badge can be embossed. Landscape format and usually bigger than A4 but not as big as A3 in size. Has anyone bought one for their Sqn recently or know of a source?

Thanks in advance.

ACW599
21st Jan 2006, 20:44
". . . country's Premier UAS"

I didn't realise YUAS had moved to St Athan :-)

The country's premier UAS has a red dragon in its badge and a Welsh motto.

Elmlea
21st Jan 2006, 20:45
The studes on the country's Premier UAS are trying to source some large photo albums for the Sqn.

Very generous of you to help them, sir, but shouldn't you be looking after your own lot first? :}

Edit; aw, if only a minute earlier..... ;)

SirToppamHat
21st Jan 2006, 21:11
country's Premier UAS
Isn't Wales a principality rather than a country??;)

Try Here:

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/select_style.asp?CategoryID=2&RangeID=2&paukLPA

or here:

http://www.brownsoflondon.com/product.php?cid=6

Not a personal recommendation, just did a Google Search.

STH

OC YUAS
22nd Jan 2006, 09:37
STH

Thanks for the links, I had found those from Google as well, but we are looking for something bigger than A4 sized. The ones I have seen in other crewrooms tend to be much thicker as well, about 4 - 5 inches deep.

The rest of you. Get over it. UWAS might be the premier UAS in the country - in Wales, but not in England (or Scotland)!! Wales is a pale imitation of the real thing, as any Yorkshireman will tell you! Often !!!;)

BEagle
22nd Jan 2006, 09:42
YUAS is, without any doubt, most certainly the best UAS.....

...in Yorkshire.

But this young pretender is certainly not the premier English UAS. As anyone will know, that honour belongs to the University of London Air Squadron!

Michael Edic
22nd Jan 2006, 11:17
Beags,
Right again!
I suppose YUAS have some merit in being the second largest UAS though...................................................... .............................................
actually no they don't!!
Mike

ACW599
22nd Jan 2006, 11:33
>The rest of you. Get over it. UWAS might be the premier UAS in the country - in Wales, but not in England (or Scotland)!! Wales is a pale imitation of the real thing, as any Yorkshireman will tell you! Often !!!<

Hmm. It's just as well that modern psychotherapy can successfully address a wide range of conditions including massive delusions of grandeur. And it's never too late to seek help :-)

scottyhs
22nd Jan 2006, 20:35
Im biased because im the staff cadet on the AEF based at Fenton, so id have to agree that YUAS is the best, however back to the topic i know of this website:

http://www.4x90.com/personalisedalbums.shtml

My uncle had a photo album from there embossed for his son in law using that website

Flik Roll
22nd Jan 2006, 20:59
A decent photo/camera/developers shop should sell decent albums :}

FJJP
23rd Jan 2006, 05:38
...I know my place. Look up to him, because I never went to university, but look down on him, because [complete along the lines of willy-waving]!

BikerMark
23rd Jan 2006, 07:03
If you are looking for something bespoke, it'd be worth doing a trawl through yellow pages to find a local bookbinder. They should be able to make something up to your exact requirements.

Mark.

6Z3
23rd Jan 2006, 09:02
Most RN Squadron Linebooks are along the lines that you're after and are generally donated by a sponsor like Rolls Royce or Marconi or the like. If you can think of a major PLC that the UAS (or University) is associated with, a letter from the CO could work. It might also be the start of a sponsored trophy or the like. If you already have a sponsor for , say, the aero's trophy, then write to them.

threepointonefour
23rd Jan 2006, 18:35
Oxymoron. All UASs are full of tax dodgers.

Bet they can't afford these (!);
http://www.epica.com/products/albums-distressed-18x18.htm