PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plans for Commercial Traffic

zoink
21st Jan 2006, 19:07
Hi All
Are flight plans for UK commercial traffic publically available? I ask as I would like to get the plans for my longhaul flights this year ( 4 already .... :uhoh: )
I have an application which will plot them over a globe and its always nice to be able to see a travelled route..
Thanks as ever
z...

SixDelta
21st Jan 2006, 23:32
You're assuming that the aircraft actually flys the flight planned route! In 10 years of flight planning around europe i've NEVER flown the flight planned route, the whole idea of filing a FPL seems pointless these days. Why?

Because: Your first attempt at a route is never accepted. If you put "Will accept IFPS re-routing" on the FPL you recieve a route that will be accepted, you enter it into your FMS, get airborne, get a handover to London or whoever....rip-up the acknowledgement of you FPL because it isn't worth the paper it's printed on! You'll never fly it and never see that route again. :hmm:

If you subsequently file the same "IFPS approved" plan the following day it's guaranteed to be rejected!

Why we can't just go direct everywhere these days, beats me! :D

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Jan 2006, 09:02
<<Why we can't just go direct everywhere these days, beats me! >>

I agree, but someone once told me that there is more than one plane in the sky at the same time.... and I now know that's true as two flew over my house on the same day - last Wednesday!

one25six
22nd Jan 2006, 11:09
Why we can't just go direct everywhere these days, beats me!

Thats why you just get to look after one plane.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Jan 2006, 11:12
Love it! :-))

SixDelta
22nd Jan 2006, 12:28
Yeah but we all have TCAS these days, so i'm sure we'd be fine on our own ;)

chevvron
22nd Jan 2006, 13:17
Six delta:If you think that, you've got a lot to learn. You won't be safe in UK airspace until 2008 at the earliest!!

one25six
22nd Jan 2006, 14:10
All have TCAS? Are you sure?

BTW - how is that TCAS runway sequencing system going? Orderly and expeditious I trust?

Perhaps it needs a new alert: TA, RA & WA.

22nd Jan 2006, 17:57
zoink
Next time you're flying ask the pilot if you can have a copy of the flight plan as a memento of the journey; I'm sure that if you appear genuine it should be no problem. Perhaps a pre-prepared letter [unsealed] handed to cabin services might be appropriate.
I see from my log that you have asked relevant sensible questions in the past, and so a sensible answer is warranted.