PDA

View Full Version : Blog!

d2k73
20th Jan 2006, 22:37
Ive decided to start my own blog, basically gonna write about my attempts to suceed in the world of aviation! Hopefully it will interest my fellow wannabes!
Link is http://0-atpl.********.com/

Send Clowns
21st Jan 2006, 16:05
You don't allow anonymous comment there, so I will write here. The US market has very little in common with that in Europe. Don't even look at the US as an example, it might expand when Europe finally enters its next difficult phase and it is certainly struggling more now than Europe is.

A lot of people I know are getting jobs here, and a lot of airlines have been expanding and even new operators starting in the last couple of years. The market seems to be much better for pilots in Europe than the USA. You are right not to be looking just to right seat of jets - I am about to take the left seat of a Seneca having been instructing and am thrilled. If you take that approach, persist, work hard and have personality then you will probably get a job in aviation, although I cannot comment on delays you might find.

The pilot you spoke to was wrong, and to my mind not a pilot, just an aircraft driver. Don't go into aviation for the money, if that's what motivates you then become an accountant. But if you want to fly, rather than be stuck in an office, welcome in!

Best of luck!

d2k73
21st Jan 2006, 16:51
Hey thanks for the reply, ive changed the settings on it, so anyone can comment.

Safe Flyin'
Dan