PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings

european champion
20th Jan 2006, 17:59
I am considering the CTC Wings program.From what i see on their information material it costs aroun 7000 pounds with accomodation included ,2 weeks MCC course and 1 week of advanced simulator training and final assesment.
Anyone who has gone through that route has any idea what is the percentage of the people who succeeded?
It looks like a good option for someone who passes the final assesment but if the chance of succeeding is very low would it be worth to spend 7000 pounds for just putting on the license an MCC course?

hixton
20th Jan 2006, 19:26
I heard that it is very very low, which makes it a dam expensive MCC

european champion
20th Jan 2006, 21:15
You r right its an expensive MCC,it will cost around 10000 euro!
if i make a deal with a company i could pay a bit more and get a type rating and a job!

waffles
21st Jan 2006, 20:27
Hi
Think you've got slightly confused.
The CTC Wings course is a course starting at the very start and provides PPL, inst, CPL etc all the way to a job.
This is the course that I took and I am now flying commercially on a 737.
I think you are meaning the AQC course which you join already holding a CPL.
The course sonsists of about 30 hrs in a 737 sim learning handling/techniques, it is an MCC course and also CRM !
The big bonus of this course is that virtually all graduates are employed immediately !
Before or during the course, you'll be 'placed' with an airline and unpon successful completion, begin the type rating on the aircraft. Current types are 737, 757, A320 series.
You're really paying for a job !
Hope that helps !

Send Clowns
21st Jan 2006, 21:16
According to people I know who have been on the course it is certainly not "virtually all" who are employed from it. I don't know the figures, and they might be quite high, but it is best not to exagerate. If it was virtually all then I would be far more wary. I know the experience of some airlines line training graduates of similar programmes that were not very positive if selection was not correct.

R T Jones
22nd Jan 2006, 20:55
Indeed you should be very cautions about using the word "all" when talking about graduates finding jobs! In fact I endeavour never to say 100% yes or no on any issue! From what I have read of this scheme, the AQC, it does seem an excellent way to increase your chances of getting a job. It’s ultimately up to you if you think paying the extra amount is worthwhile.