PDA

View Full Version : Help with hearing problem

collie77
20th Jan 2006, 17:25
Hey I need help!

I hold an Australian CPL and have 190 hours flying time. I recently moved to Ireland and did all my ATPL exams and passed them. I then went and did a JAR Class 1 medical and failed due to one of my ears being 10db over the required limit in one frequency due to accident when i was younger. I have no problem hearing in general. I used to hold an ICAO Class 1 in Australia and i am wondering does anybody have an advice for me as to how to go about getting the JAR Class 1.

PPRuNe Pop
20th Jan 2006, 18:44
Do a search on this question. It has been aired many times and I seem to remember a question like yours.

Hawk
20th Jan 2006, 21:14
Thanks PPRuNe Pop. Collie this thread has posts relevant to your issue. http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?searchid=40358

collie77
25th Jan 2006, 23:55
This is actually for a friend so just got his results

500hz-30db

2000hz-35db

This is only in 1 ear and is outside the initial but just about makes the renewal.

cptcollins
29th Jan 2006, 16:51
I too am a little concerned about hearing and the class 1 medical although i think i'll be ok for renewal. When does this long term exemption kick in to play?

UlsterPPL
30th Jan 2006, 16:13
If this is going to be true, it will be one of the best news I ever heard since the new year! It is 5:10pm and it is too late to call CAA medical at Gatwick now. I will definitely call them tomorrow and find out more. I have a deviation (remark) on my class 1 certificate and this will let me to have an option to be trained in Jerez as well. I will post here again once I have more valuable information!:ok:

UlsterPPL
31st Jan 2006, 11:07
It is true that the new JAA standard is in place and medical at Gatwick is going to send me a replacement full class 1 medical certificate today. Whoever having the same situation should check with their medical people now. Thanks for discussing such important issue! :) Thanks for the useful link from pressman