PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Human Factors Exam

alfie7_1985
19th Jan 2006, 01:13
I am about to sit my ATPL human factors exam (30th Jan) and I have obtained the notes from Nathan Higgens ATPL course in Maroochydore. Does anyone know whether the ATPL exam is different from the CPL exam and if so how is it different? I have heard mixed rumors. Also, what are the best books to get to achieve high results in this exam? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Woomera
19th Jan 2006, 01:19
alfie7_1985

Before we go any further with answers to your question I must know the answer to this question.

Does I have obtained the notes from Nathan Higgens ATPL course in Maroochydore. mean you have purchased or "borrowed" them.

Your further comments suggest the latter.???

Why anyone would help another who is not prepared to pay the freight in such a competitive environment escapes me. And it's got absolutely nothing to do with "being mates".

Looks2Young
19th Jan 2006, 01:26
When I sat the exam last year I remember thinking it was a lot harder than the CPL Human Factors.

The Tony Wilson book is good. He seems to actually care about what he is writing and there is some info in there that gives the subject a good context.

Good luck with your exam.
Air Craft - Human Performance & Limitations by Tony Wilson*
Human Factors for Pilots by Roger Green et al*
Human Factors in Flight by Frank Hawkins*

alfie7_1985
19th Jan 2006, 01:29
Woomera

before you get on your high horse, I have paid for every cent of them ($2750) because I believe that if someone is willing to put in that much effort to put together the info required, they deserve to be paid for it.

Aussie
19th Jan 2006, 04:14
I used the Bob Tait book. Passed with flying colours.
USed the same book for CPL too. No worries.

Questions similar, just a little deeper. More questions on multi crew environment.

Cheers

Aussie

NZLeardriver
19th Jan 2006, 04:18
I sat it last year. There was about one question that had anything to do with physiology and the rest were all CRM sort of things. Most of the questions had two correct answers as the situation was not fully described.

Knight navigator
19th Jan 2006, 04:54
Woomera

I know that you're the moderator and mustn't allow public slander of individuals or companies, and that's understandable.
But are you going too far by becoming a 'morality monitor'? I believe that forums should (within certain constraints) be allowed to discuss any particular topic.

Woomera
19th Jan 2006, 09:59
alfie7_1985 ONYA mate :ok: perhaps for the benefit of the others you could have been more explicit.

We recently had an outbreak of posts seeking pirate notes and old exams usually happens around exam time.

Knight navigator there was no libel or slander, it is both a question of morals AND Law.

There is a not insubstantial matter of Copyright.:ok: