PDA

View Full Version : CX Pressure

Globetwotter
18th Jan 2006, 10:28
Can anyone shed any light on the rumours of the large number of CX pilots seeing shrinks due to training/upgrade pressure? Apparently one of the new hot topics of the shrinks in HK is the amount of CX and KA guys coming in for pressure-relief stress visits to the horizontal couch. I am keen on joining CX but don't know if I am up to all of that? :eek:

SkyCruiser
18th Jan 2006, 10:56
my god, has it come to this....Don't you have anything better to talk about.

I am coming up for an upgrade....I feel no pressure...am I normal????:8

Yes, do some homework, that's it!!!!!!!!!!:{ :{ :{ :{

aislinn
21st Jan 2006, 03:51
SC, I`m extremely happy that you are so confident about how to go about passing upgrades.:hmm:
Doing your homework is only half of it. The other half is luck and playing the game. I dont know how long you have been at CX but you appear to be leading a bit of a sheltered life. Best of luck on your upgrade and try a bit more CRM (Consideration, Respect and Manners):ok:

SkyCruiser
21st Jan 2006, 08:21
aislinn
OH please, a sheltered life.

I replied to a daft thread regarding pilots going to a shrink. It was written tounge n cheek with silly smilies to show this. I fail to see why you reply with a smug tone! You must be a sensitive chap if you need to reply accusing me of living a sheltered life and lacking manners and respect.

Maybe you need a shrink.;) That's a joke by the way:ok: Only having some fun:D :D

sukhoijunkie
23rd Jan 2006, 07:22
Newsflash SkyCruiser, but it is more than a daft rumour, a mate of mine resigned a few months ago from CX for that exact reason. He is much happier and healthier now working in the same airline as I am even though he gets paid nearly half of what he did in CX. He was referred to a shrink in HK whose patients are mostly KA & CX aircrew when he was still living and working there.

Kitsune
23rd Jan 2006, 11:35
My wife would have to go to a shrink if my wages were cut in half.....:eek:

corporal klinger
24th Jan 2006, 17:19
what wife ?:}

Mr. Bloggs
25th Jan 2006, 00:50
If you get two marks with a comment whether meaningful or not, it will be cause for missing your upgrade. CX has had numerous candidates pass check rides, only to be knocked back by a review board because of something insignificant.
Some candidates have had 4 checks and even passed the third by the Chief Pilot but got knocked back. The fourth Checker made sure there was no reason as the candidates job was on the line.
I dare say your friend told CX to take the job and stick it after the 2nd or 3rd check, but very few will do that. Most just get on their knees. The only way to get ahead, is to give it. That is the Cathay way.

water check
25th Jan 2006, 03:16
Let's just cut through the rubbish shall we? If they don't LIKE you, you WON'T get a Command. Simple really.

Nullaman
25th Jan 2006, 03:33
WC

To qualify that I think you mean our distinguished 'Star Chamber' with that remark(and not the individual checker)? >>If they don't LIKE you, you WON'T get a Command<<

There is some future comfort in that one of the constituent members of said group takes his skills to AHK later in the year - poor sods.What did they do to deserve that?:mad:

Left Wing
29th Jan 2006, 12:43
There is also whole bunch of local cadet kids who buckled under the same pressure, more than 100 guys are now sitting at home with HK-CPL 747-400 endorsed on their log books and no hope of a job.:bored: :bored:

iMad
29th Jan 2006, 14:31
Left wing, do you mean that more than 100 ex-cadets (who've subsequently got employed and rated) have been axed so far?