PDA

View Full Version : pilot uniform shirts

planemad_bk
18th Jan 2006, 09:28
Anyone know of a place where i can purchase white uniform shirts that fit properly? Unlike those ones made by Avtec which are made to fit your neck size only. Something semi-tailored if it exists? ;)

Lord Snot
18th Jan 2006, 09:41
Silom Road, Bangkok.

Good quality. Thick material. Fits so good, the moisties can't keep their hand off you......... :p

And no more nipples showing through the thin cotton either.

tinpis
18th Jan 2006, 09:44
Plenty of old Ansett ones around .

Defenestrator
18th Jan 2006, 11:02
There's a skyshop at Archerfield that supplies fairmark shirts. Good quality and fit well.

the wizard of auz
18th Jan 2006, 11:06
Go to your local work gear shop and get the King gee version. fit real good and cheaper than the pilot shop version.

tipsy2
18th Jan 2006, 12:04
That's great wiz, but there are no pockets in a blue shearers singlet:E to put pens or god forbid, a wiz wheel

tipsy

Ozgrade3
18th Jan 2006, 12:53
Go to bankok and get 20 of them made.

One of my students was a Thai FA for QF. He took one of my shirts home and his mum mae up two copies for me but made to my exact measurments. One was of thin cotton, the other was of a heavy, thick coarse weve material. Double stitched, with button down collars that i could do up properly ( I have no neck). Fitted like a dream and was oh so comfy to wear.

Ando1Bar
18th Jan 2006, 22:57
Fairmark shirts are pretty good - they don't show your nipples either!

Capt Claret
18th Jan 2006, 23:06
I think I've heard of a tailor in Honkers, Fuk Yu's his name, who makes pilot's shirts to order.

Defenestrator
18th Jan 2006, 23:27
King Gee shirts are crap. The shoulders sit down around your nipples and look like crap. Do not....I repeat....do not buy these shirts. They are rubbish. Stick with the fairmarks. Might cost a few extra dollars but go the fairmarks. They're worth it. The KG shirts are absolute rubbish. Spend the extra couple of dollars and look the part in a fairmark.

Pole Vaulter
18th Jan 2006, 23:58
Stick with Fairmark. Made in Australia with Aussie fabric and dont yellow after a few washes like the cheaper ones nentioned here. They are made in Perth and top quality.

john_tullamarine
19th Jan 2006, 11:43
Re Fairmark, the Ansett shirts (Fairmark) were made from a fabric/weave which was not generally available and were very good to wear. I also used to buy (periodically) a batch of white shirts direct from the Fairmark outlet in Melbourne and this represented a substantial saving over the retail network. They were not interested in selling several at a time but if one purchased, say, 20 or more ....

the wizard of auz
19th Jan 2006, 12:00
Hey Defenstrator, I forgot to mention that you need real man shoulders to wear KG shirts, otherwise they hang down to your nipples. they are after all MENs work gear. :rolleyes:

Defenestrator
19th Jan 2006, 20:12
Touche Wiz,
You have your preferences and the rest of us will wear a proper shirt that's cut well and fits properly. I would like to hear your definition of a 'real man' though. Nice one tiger.....:ouch:

the wizard of auz
20th Jan 2006, 05:00
all in the name of a friendly giggle (and hastily written defensive reply). nothing personal. :} :ok: :E

Towering Q
20th Jan 2006, 05:47
Ok Wiz, I'll answer that one for you. A real man drinks VB at the front bar of the 'White House' whilst wearing dusty steel caps with none of the laces done up.:cool:

the wizard of auz
20th Jan 2006, 07:16
No one drinks that rubbish TQ. Strewth mate, that big smoke down your way must be getting to ya. :} Boots??, wazzat?. :E