PDA

View Full Version : Mossie Footage

Pilot Pacifier
17th Jan 2006, 18:07
For those of you may be interested, here is a link to a website that has CGI generated footage of WWII aircraft. The "Merlin" footage is so good that it is hard to tell that it is computer generated.
Because the website is in Japanese, you will be asked to download a small Japanese Text program enabling you to see the characters, it's only a few Kb in size and is well worth it.

This is the link...
http://www.angel.ne.jp/~tochy/

Pilot Pacifier

Ian Corrigible
17th Jan 2006, 18:27
Goddamn, that is realistic.

:ooh:

I/C

Onan the Clumsy
17th Jan 2006, 19:21
agreed, which makes it odd then that he would use a ~ url and not have his own web site :confused:

(that was computer banter btw)

eastern wiseguy
17th Jan 2006, 19:53
Remake of "633 Squadron" anyone?:ok:

MightyGem
17th Jan 2006, 21:15
Beats anything I've seen at the cinema.:ok:

doubledolphins
18th Jan 2006, 10:59
Amazing.Nice to see what my old Airfix kits are geting up to in Toy Heaven. The "1945" clip is quite moving too.

Gainesy
18th Jan 2006, 11:27
Amazing graphics but the audio lets it down a bit, the "air-to-air" audio sounded just like a Tu-95, still I suppose he has never heard a Mossie.

airborne_artist
18th Jan 2006, 11:57
A friend of mine has home video footage of the RR Mossie displaying (ie beating up) Salisbury Hall, which is close to the M25. He positioned himself close to the m-way to get the shots, and the sound track is peppered with squeals of brakes as drivers suddenly have a what the f:mad:k was that moment!

I'll see if I can find him and get it digitised.

Navaleye
18th Jan 2006, 13:09
I want more! Much more. AA Happy to help with digitizing your footage if needed. I have the kit here to do it.