PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ivan Duncan

Dog One
17th Jan 2006, 11:03
Heard today in Darwin that Ivan Duncan formerly of Wimray passed away Sat 14th Jan. Funeral date yet to be advised

triadic
17th Jan 2006, 11:21
A good bloke. Knew him back in the late 80's when Wimray was on the south side. Funeral is on Friday I understand.

G.A. Boy
17th Jan 2006, 13:17
Ivan was employed at Wimray Air Charter for 21 years, 20 odd as Chief Pilot, before Wimray's demise in Dec 2001, did a brief stint at Eastland's, until their demise, then spent the last two years at Pearl Aviation. Most respected and long lasting Chief pilot on the field for many years.

Richo
17th Jan 2006, 13:53
My condolences to Ivans Long time partner, friends and work mates.
I knew Ivan for over 15 years working with him at Wimray and Pearl and having flow his aircraft for a few years. I will not be at the Funeral, but my heart and wishes go out to your Darwin friends who will be.
Ivan has been unwell since early 2005 when he was diagnosed. His first action was to send a message to all of his work mates advising them to not hesitate if they feel something is wrong with thier health. He has surcumbed to something which he calls a fact of the "Pilot Lifestyle" and wants all of us to take his message seriously.
RIP Ivan "Segul" Duncan
May your message be heard.
Richo

Howard Hughes
17th Jan 2006, 21:04
Ivan,

You will be sadly missed mate. I won't be able to be there on friday but my heart certainly will be. You taught me much about flying and even more about life, I will cherish those memories forever. You were a true gentleman, who always stood up for what was right and never let your personal standards be compromised, that in itself spoke volumes about your character. You will always be a shining light in my life.....:{

On friday I'll raise an Iced Coffee to the sky and think of you.:ok:

RIP Ivan Duncan.
HH. (Ex Wimray 1999-2001)

InTransit
18th Jan 2006, 01:49
I met Ivan during his C&T days at Pearl, his humour, general demeanour, and presence will be missed around the ivory building. My condolences to his Partner and family. RIP Mate.

InTransit

maxgrad
18th Jan 2006, 02:09
Thankyou for your training, your checking, and your humour. A finer gentleman would be hard to find.
RIP mate and condolences to M J .
maxgrad

Dr Phil
19th Jan 2006, 02:06
Sad Day for the real men of Flying, who, if they had even the briefest of contact with Ivan and Miss Jane, would have seen everything in a more positive light.
Was talking to him before Christmas (hadn't heard from each other for 3 years) and apart from his obvious health deteriation, he was his usual upbeat positive self,who kicked off the conversation like we had only spoken the day before.
We crossed paths at Wimray and Eastland, when he started flying the Twin Otter and the King Air C90. Nothing was ever too much effort...

A great role model as a PILOT and as a MAN........

See ya Ivan......You will always be remembered and respected

Sheep Guts
19th Jan 2006, 03:34
Hello Ivan,
Rest in peace my friend allways. You are true Gentleman and an unmatchable Pilot. I flew with Ivan at Eastland on the Otter, for a very short period and learned heaps from him.

Condolences to Ivans family and friends

Sheep Guts

ex Brolga Air 1994-96, ex Demair 1997,ex NAC 1997-2000,ex Eastland 2001-2002

MIss Behaviour
19th Jan 2006, 05:03
The following details appeared in the NT News yesterday (Wed 18 Jan):
The funeral for Ivan Duncan will be on Friday 20 January 2006 at 10.00am
as below:
Resthaven Chapel
121 Amy Johnson Avenue
Marrara NT 0820
Private cremation to follow. No flowers by request but donations to the NT Cancer Council appreciated.
Darwin Funeral Services Pty Ltd
Tel: 08 8945 2222

m-dot
20th Jan 2006, 09:39
I met Ivan when he started at Pearl.

A genuine and good man of GA lost.

Condolences to family and friends.

JapJok
20th Jan 2006, 22:50
Likewise Ivan.

I knew him only briefly, hadn't seen him for years, but liked him.

Rolling Departure
21st Jan 2006, 10:37
I was shocked to hear of the passing of Ivan!

He was a true gentleman, loving husband and father and legend of the aviation scene in the Top End. My condolences go out to Miss Jane and the rest of the family. I wish I could have attended the funeral but my thoughts were with you all.

It was an honour to work with Ivan for three years at Wimray and I remember well our days of flying together. He was a great chief pilot, educator and always great company.

I too raised an Iced Coffee to the sky on Friday.

We will all miss you mate!