PDA

View Full Version : BACX Assessment Day

leading edge!
16th Jan 2006, 18:27
I believe that today was the first 'assessment day' for CitiExpress (16th January 2006).
Firstly, I really hope that you all did ok and things went well.
If anyone who attended gets a chance, could you post a few clues as to what the day consisted of etc...There are lots of us that would like to know a few pointers in the right direction.
Leading Edge!

Han 1st Solo
17th Jan 2006, 12:07
The interview lasted about 40 minutes no technical questions. Asked about the essay questions, SOP's, current job, what did I know about the company. Standard stuff really, very friendly but put on the spot a few times and had to think quickly.

Group exercise quite straight forward, 30 minutes, which was just about enough to complete it. Had to get from one place to another using the best route and taking 10 selected items putting them in order of priority. I think the scenario is quite a common one as friends outside of flying have done it. But I would expect they probably have more than one.

Best of luck to all those still to go. Hope this helps. :ok:

Chinchilla.612
17th Jan 2006, 14:59
Hiya,

Exactly the same format as Han 1st Solo described. As to the number of scenarios for the group exercise, we had scenario 5 according to the card so I guess at least 5?

Good luck to all.

Chinchilla.

leading edge!
17th Jan 2006, 18:31
Thanks very much for posting your replies. I really hope that all goes well for you. I had visions of the BA DEP assessment day, so that it is a relief!
Leading edge!

rabino
18th Jan 2006, 10:36
Hi all,

What date did you guys and girls get the email telling you that you will be called forward to interview?

Did they give you any idea of how long you would be in the holding pool?, if successful of course.

Good luck

Han 1st Solo
18th Jan 2006, 10:50
Got the confirmation e-mail on the 10th of October. I was told the holding pool is quite small at the moment and that they were looking to increase it, presently running monthly courses, no numbers or time scales though. Good news if you are lucky enough to get through. :ok:

rabino
18th Jan 2006, 11:46
Is there anyone in the holding pool already and how long have you been in it, also how long have you been told you may have to wait??

Rab

mark twain
18th Jan 2006, 12:48
I got into the hold pool in September last year.

So far I have not heard anything, except that no Dash courses have been run since I got into the pool.

There are people in the pool ahead of me, but to my knowledge nobody has been given ideas of course dates as yet.

I am sure it is going to happen, and I am sorry I have no more positive news.

As always when it happens it will probably happen very quickly!!

EGCC4284
18th Jan 2006, 17:05
Mark Twain

It makes you think who exactly reads these post if you know what I mean.

I'm on your heels boy.

mark twain
19th Jan 2006, 12:23
Err.

Said it would happen quick!

Posted yesterday at 13.48, about two hours later got the call with a course start date.

Things are moving more with the hold pool!!!!!!

bigjarv
20th Feb 2006, 15:03
Does anyone have any more information on the group exercises in the interview?

Also just wondering if anyone knows where I could find examples of these type of group exercises. There must be a book or a web site around that gives examples?

Any assistance in my search would be very much appreciated!

bigjarv

PS How did you guys get on with the sim checks? Any luck?

cloudbreak
22nd Feb 2006, 22:15
Hi - just wondering how much notice you were all given before the 'assessment day' date, and was it a call or email? Also, does anyone have any idea about how many of us are waiting for a date? I received my initial email confirming my application had been accepted on November 1st.

Thanks and good luck all.

bigjarv
23rd Feb 2006, 19:44
Been given about a months notice but I know of some people that had less warning than that. Think they had about 2 weeks. No idea how many others there are in the q but for info am a modular guy with 250 hrs and recieved my e-mail on the 10th of october.

PS It was a call not an e-mail!!

Toastal
25th Feb 2006, 12:42
Err.

Said it would happen quick!

Posted yesterday at 13.48, about two hours later got the call with a course start date.

Things are moving more with the hold pool!!!!!!

A few Qs for Mr Twain, do you have any idea how big the holding pool is, and if so, where were you in it? Also, what start date were you given? I'm still waiting, regards Toastal

kenfoggo
25th Feb 2006, 13:16
I have been assessing quite a few employers who wish to have the use of my license and I find this mob to be at the bottom of the list. Wouldn't trust em further than I can pooh upwind, and that's not far.

v12merlin
25th Feb 2006, 14:05
Toastal, I've been in the pool since January when did you get in?

six-sixty
25th Feb 2006, 14:24
I got in to the pool late Jan this year. From what I've been told by them regarding likely start date, I reckon there's about 18 ahead of me.
The long wait is here...