PDA

View Full Version : Ayers Rock Scenic Flights

Over and gout
16th Jan 2006, 06:52
Gday.

Im going to Alice Springs for a holiday and would like to know which companies offer scenic flights in aircraft (not helicopters) over Ayers Rock. Tried a google search & not much came up.......

Cheers

O&G:ok:

N2000
16th Jan 2006, 12:05
I did a search on mamma.com and came up with http://www.phs.com.au/ayersroc.htm I am sure there are others

Capt Hollywood
16th Jan 2006, 12:31
Are you saying helicopters are not aircraft! :ok:

Seriously though the web link in the previous post is for a helicopter company. The only fixed wing operator at Ayers Rock is Ayers Rock Scenic Flights or if you are flying out of Alice try Murray Cossons.

Also Ayers Rock is 450km by road from Alice or approx 200NM by air. Many people think they are next to each other. If you stay in Alice for a few days get out amongst the Western MacDonnell Ranges, some stunning scenery out there.

Cheers,

CH :cool:

the wizard of auz
16th Jan 2006, 12:45
I'll second the capt. Olgas worth a look as well as a couple of craters about out west. plenty of good stuff to look at.

Aussie
17th Jan 2006, 01:27
I think GFS have a 172 and partnavias flying over the rock...

tinpis
17th Jan 2006, 02:31
Many many years ago when the rock belonged to Australia tin was chasing balloons over the area and the Olgas all the way past Giles.
Very pretty
I think I found Lassetters reef as well but Im not telling :\

Howard Hughes
17th Jan 2006, 05:59
Over and Gout try http://www.generalflyingservices.com.au/pages/locations/ayers_rock/ayers_rock.htm (here.)

But if you fly with Murray out of Alice, tell him I said hi!!

Cheers, HH.
:ok:

Capt EFIS
17th Jan 2006, 06:25
Those were the days..... trying to get the C207 to climb to 4000ft on a 40 deg day so that you could do the scenic flight over Ayers Rock and the Olgas.

If your going to hire/charter an aircraft out of Alice Springs, start early and take the scenic route via Palm Valley and Kings Canyon... well worth the look.

Over and gout
17th Jan 2006, 06:35
Thanks for all the info !:ok: