PDA

View Full Version : cessna caravan jobs

winch launch
15th Jan 2006, 16:24
I have the opportunity, thanks to a friend, to go for a cessna 208 caravan rating at a very interesting rate.
Does anyone know if there are jobs around on this aircraft?
In a couple of weeks I ll be CPL-IR with 500 hours and skydivers dropping experience.

thanks.

FLYbyWIT
15th Jan 2006, 17:20
Just check out bpa.org.uk for uk dropzones operating caravans and also movenis in Northern Ireland operate a caravan. Plenty of skydiving jobs especially if your already experienced and we are coming back into season soon. If you wanna just get on a caravan for other ops other then skydiving I suggest you head for the bush.

YYZ
16th Jan 2006, 15:35
Langer fly these and sometimes need pilots? Might be 700+ min though?

You can always try?

YYZ

winch launch
16th Jan 2006, 17:52
thanx a lot,

Anyone knows if any one operates do IFR flights using caravans?
What' s the best way to find bush flying jobs?

regards

Winch

low n' slow
16th Jan 2006, 22:12
I would turn my searchlight to Norway if I were you, heaps of caravan opertunities over there. PM me about this.
/LnS

Seaweed Knees
18th Jan 2006, 09:43
The caravan may not be the best type to get a rating on with only 500hrs as most are flown single pilot and most will not hire a low time pilot. If you do get a job in the right seat you may not be able to log the time. Bush flying is the same, you would need more time. Anyway what would posses you to do a type rating without a job lined up, it may be cheap for what it is but probably still a total waste of a few thousand pounds. If you want to fly a van I will tell you how you could get a job and it would not cost as much and it would be fun. Go to Langer do an AFF course, spend loads of time there jumping and getting into the social side of things, be an all around nice guy and you will probably get given a shot at flying their vans. Might take a year before they need someone or it may be a couple of months but if you are there and they need a pilot they will ask. Cheaper and heaps more fun. You may even end up getting paid to pack whilst waiting.

Seaweed Knees
18th Jan 2006, 09:47
Oh just remembered there is a site www.caravanpilots.com loads of van info on their including people who have them.