PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up to date with the regulations?

Mamakim
14th Jan 2006, 05:11
Hi All,

My subscription to the AIP's, CAO's and CAR's expired about 8 months ago and since I'm getting back into the flying, I dread the thought of having to buy a complete new set of regs just to find out that only 5% of them have changed.

Is there anyway, I can buy an ammended update from say March 2005. In that way I would be sent all the reg ammendments from that date which is around when my subscription lapsed.

Thanks in advance.

MK

:D

Chadzat
15th Jan 2006, 03:28
I'd say give Airservices a ring (good luck with that!) and tell them your situation, it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure it out, you may just have to pay the 12 months and only get 4 more months from now on that subscription.

Be prepared to get emptied out though, I need ALL the regs for ATPL exams this year and JUST the 12 month subscription is $470. :mad:

turbantime
16th Jan 2006, 00:03
Apart from the AIP, do you really need to have up to date and current CAR/CAO/CAAP? If you're going to do exams then that's another story.

Keep in mind that all those regs are available for free on http://www.casa.gov.au/rules If you still want to have an up to date reference library, I would just check what pages have been ammended and print them off.

I just recieved a $300 renewal notice for my ammendments and won't be renewing them as I have good access to the internet and can download the relevant pages.

ITCZ
16th Jan 2006, 09:46
I'm with turbantime. You obviously have a computer... why pay for something that is available for free?

Browse as you need, download important documents to your laptop, etc.

Always up to date.

AIP available at AirServices Publications (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/)

Mamakim
16th Jan 2006, 10:40
Yeah thanks guys,

that makes good (financial) sense.

Cheers

MK

Mainframe
16th Jan 2006, 22:24
Mamakim,
Besides the online availability of all the info, you might also consider buying a subscription to the CASA CD Rom for a bit over $200 pa.

It's updated quarterly, all info is in PDF Format and if you need hard copy, just print out the required pages.

CASA accept the CD Rom as complying with the requirement to have up todate documents.

There's also other good stuff on it, such as the GA Airport info for the major training fields etc.

Ask a commercial operator, they may give you an outdated version to review and assess if it meets your needs, instead of scrapping it.

You may then decide to save a few forests and buy the electronic version.