PDA

View Full Version : looking for TVAM video

Bravo2
13th Jan 2006, 20:59
Anybody know where you can get a copy of the video made by TVAM after GW1 - featuring some serious low level and beautifully accompanied by Phil Collins and White Snake. It inspired a generation of RAF aircrew. The closest I have got to seeing it again is a very old videotape - worn out from excessive playing.

FCWhippingBoy
14th Jan 2006, 12:40
Anybody know where you can get a copy of the video made by TVAM after GW1 - featuring some serious low level and beautifully accompanied by Phil Collins and White Snake. It inspired a generation of RAF aircrew. The closest I have got to seeing it again is a very old videotape - worn out from excessive playing.

Gah! I can remember watching this video at Marham in 2000! Been looking for a copy ever since - no luck :{

Would be intereted in knowing if anyone has a copy going spare also!

StopStart
14th Jan 2006, 13:57
Tis true, I do indeed have a copy of said video. I was trying to get it onto DVD but had no end of problems with it - gave up in the end. I'll have another go at copying it.

:D

SS. Tried sending you a PM but your limit has topped out.

PPP

Bravo2
14th Jan 2006, 16:34
Cheers - that would be awesome. Judging by the number of requests on the other thread there are no shortage of customers.

pba_target
14th Jan 2006, 17:53
Stopstart....

If you can find someone with a relatively modern tv tuner you should be able to do it. Anyone who has a new fangled "media centre" style pc, or a tv tuner with a record function can record the video to an avi file on your hard disk at acceptable quality (bearing in mind it's coming from an analogue tape which will be (relatively) low quality...

Just plug a vhs set (unless u went betamax;)) into the aerial socket of the tuner card and hit record on your pc, then play on the video, et voila...

Then find yourself some basic dvd authoring software (quite often comes with video cameras if you know someone with one) and create the magic dvd! Then add me to the distribution list.... better yet, if you find a hosting page, upload it and pm the link to those who want it

syncro_single
14th Jan 2006, 18:17
Hi,
Have managed to copy it to DVD, PM me if you would like a copy and I am sure as long as the numbers don't run into hundreds then we can sort something out.
Cheers
Pete:ok: :ok:

Grimweasel
14th Jan 2006, 21:14
Once made can you put it on a file sharing site such as edonkey or shareaza then we can all download it for free?? (Shouldn't be illegal)

syncro_single
14th Jan 2006, 21:23
Not bothered with cash for the dvd although you may wish to donate something to a worthwhile cause.

There have been a lot of requests so it may take a few days.

Just send a stamped adressed envelope containing a blank DVD-R disc to the address given to you when you PM me and I will copy and post out ASAP.

Wouldn't have the faintest idea how to put it onto the web as I dont use anything like bearshare etc.

Hopefully the above will mean that most of you can obtain a copy at no cost to myself.

There have been about 20 requests so far but I am happy to keep going as long as pos, after all its a great dvd.

Cheers
Pete

FCWhippingBoy
14th Jan 2006, 21:24
unless u went betamax;)

Betamax:eek: I thought they went out of use when Pontious was still an Off Cdt at Cranditz:{

Grim ... Good idea:ok:

green granite
14th Jan 2006, 21:29
Try seaching though this site they have alot of low flying stuff
http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php

syncro_single
15th Jan 2006, 08:52
The TV AM documentary does have the Whitesnake and Phil Collins songs on it but also interviews and outtakes of interviews with some of the personnel stationed in Bahrain at the time.
Its too big to be hosted on any site.

syncro_single
18th Jan 2006, 15:34
getting loads of disc requests which should all be posted by the weekend. Would the person who sent me a disc from some place beginning with C in Wales please PM me his address so I can post the disc on.
Cheers

syncro_single
20th Jan 2006, 15:00
Hi all,
Have now got a better quality copy of the TV AM dvd which I will using from now on.
If you have already had a disc but want this copy as well please just send a blank dvd-r and sae to the original address.
Hope you dont feel messed about but it is only fair I give you the choice of the new dvd.
Cheers
Pete

Duncan McCoughina
20th Jan 2006, 17:23
I have a copy of the complete video in Divx AVI format. It's about 190 Mb total size and is a first generation copy from the VHS. If anyone can advise how this can be best distributed then I would be happy to do this. Obviously it would be significantly easier if this could by electronic means. The size of the file probably precludes an attachment to an email.

I wait for your suggestions.

Dunc

Grimweasel
20th Jan 2006, 19:12
Join shareaza (ensure you have an antivirus and firewall though!). this is a file sharing portale much like Kazza. Shareaza uses both edonkey2000 and Gnutella networks.
Just follow the instructions once u have downloaded the browser and stick the large file into your shared folder. Leave your PC on and connected overnight and it will be shared onto other users shared files etc and populate the network. Once its on many peoples PC's it will donwload faster due to better distribution!!

BRL
20th Jan 2006, 19:20
Zip it and send it to me. I will have a go at hosting it with a link here.

Duncan McCoughina
20th Jan 2006, 21:42
I have put it available for download using Limewire. A similar file share engine to the myriad of others. The file name you should search for is:
GWPA TVAM 190814KB.avi
I will leave it uploading for as long as possible but the more people who DL and reshare the quicker it will be able to spread amongst those who want it.
I leave it up to the individuals as to whether or not they feel they wish to honour the pledges made to the Benevolent Fund when this was first mooted. :ok:
If so:
https://secure.justgiving.com/process/whitelabel/default.asp?_whitelabelid=124
All The Best
Dunc

pba_target
21st Jan 2006, 12:40
dunc, having limewire searched I've found a reasonable number of files with the name you gave, however, all of them are well below one meg.... there is one that seems to have many copies that's an exe, so I'm suspicious... any thoughts anyone?

Ewan Whosearmy
21st Jan 2006, 13:23
Duncan needs to specify what file size his zipped version of the movie is. Once you know that, download only the file that has a corresponding file size.

As a word of warning, I would advise having an anti-virus programme and a pop-up blocking browser plug-in running when opening files downloaded using Limewire. The obvious fakes all end with .zip or .exe - avoid these at all costs.

pba_target
21st Jan 2006, 14:00
just make sure you're after a file thats about 190 megs! don't download anything thats a few hundred kb in size, and especially not an exe.... when i manage to get hold of it, I will leave my limewire connected for most of the rest of the week, hosting it... will post as soon as I have a copy

propulike
21st Jan 2006, 14:56
The file name is exactly as advertised, GWPA TVAM 190814KB.avi ,
the file size is 190814kB or 186.3MB, although in a usual fileshare way the original filename has been copied by various spyware/adware programs. The right one is an avi file, not ZIP, RAR, ACE, EXE etc (look at the file type that comes up not just the file name!) The ones that I got which should be avoided were 267.7kB, 271.7kB and 77.2kB.

I've now downloaded the right file and there are 2 people uploading from me at the moment...

Joe Black
21st Jan 2006, 15:09
Propulike - now downloading from you at the minute, many thanks! What format does the file play on - realplayer, windows media player?:}

pba_target
21st Jan 2006, 15:26
argh... limewire search still not finding anything at all, apart from the sprinkling of evil files... any thoughts anyone? Am just using the freebie version, and have never had any trouble with it in the past!

Joe Black
21st Jan 2006, 15:30
I've just started downloading it, all I did was copy and paste and search the videos - it came up straight away!:ok:

pba_target
21st Jan 2006, 15:39
argh technology! still no joy here.... what am i missing, come on ppl.... have tried every trick i know of, as well as just copy/paste the name into video search! can anyone think of an alternative? failing that, does anyone have a cunning idea about direct transfer? via messenger or something? grr...

j.a.b.
21st Jan 2006, 16:28
It might be easier if someone uploaded the file on the site "patrick's avaition", there is a link to the website on pg 1 of this thread & it is free to join etc. As I understand it, this would enable downloading poss. regardless of other people being offline & would get aroung the prob. with exe. files etc.

UberPilot
21st Jan 2006, 22:20
Good video - I have downloaded it now and will leave the PC on overnight. Nice early 90's tunes!!

Edit:

There's a company that owns all the TV AM archives if anyone wants to try and get a pukka copy of said video. Could cost a bit.

http://www.milibrary.com/2003site/pages/order.html

Brin.Giton
22nd Jan 2006, 22:58
To all you lucky fellows who got this file from Limewire...

Please continue to host it so that I can d/l it :)

pba_target
23rd Jan 2006, 17:22
can someone who has it electronically and has broadband pm me?

Mr Wippy
23rd Jan 2006, 17:40
and me please?

pba_target
26th Jan 2006, 14:32
Surely bit-torrent is the solution to this problem, then we can have a linked file for all to download....

For those that don't have it, abc is a good client, http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.php

and mini-nova (www.mininova.org) is a good hosting site, then post the link to the torrent on here...

interfusion46@tiscal
26th Jan 2006, 15:36
I think the video you are looking for is at www.patricksaviation.com (http://www.patricksaviation.com) . look for 'Boys from Bhrain'

:ok:

Time Bandit
26th Jan 2006, 18:18
I'm pulling it down of limewire now. Good idea!:ok:

MightyGem
26th Jan 2006, 19:29
An excellent vid. Many thanks to all those put in the effort to make it available to us. My copy stopped after 4:58 seemingly in mid flow. Should it have been longer?

VigilantPilot
26th Jan 2006, 19:41
pba - i've got a copy. i will burn it to a cd and give it to you next time i see you.

pba_target
26th Jan 2006, 20:05
Cheers dude, technology... aint it wunnerful?;)

Fg Off Max Stout
27th Jan 2006, 12:24
Could whoever was hosting it on Limewire please stick it back up. I got part way through it but then it seemed to disappear. Great video which I haven't watched for years. Had a 15th generation VHS copy which a flat mate accidentally taped over. Grrr.

Tourist
27th Jan 2006, 13:46
Can't seem to find it on limewire anywhere?

VigilantPilot
27th Jan 2006, 13:49
I managed to get it from limewire. When I am online, I stick it up. I found the limewire search engine to be a bit hit-and-miss. If you cant find anything, try searching for the last bit of it: 190814KB.avi

If it still doesn't show up, keep repeating the search.

airborne_artist
27th Jan 2006, 15:49
It's available on Limewire now, 1645 Jan 27, and as soon as I've finished my d/l I'll leave it up until Monday am.

Duncan McCoughina
27th Jan 2006, 17:16
I hope those that wanted copies of the vid are starting to get it. From looking at the thread it seems that the seed is growing healthily. If anyone is having problem playing the file let me know.
I have encoded the sound using a 128 Kbs Constant Bit Rate MP3 soundtrack to minimise playback issues and DivX for the video as this reduces the filesize to something with the potential for wire transfer.
Anyway all the best I'll keep it uploading for as long as I can.
Dunc
PS. I hope the Benevolent Fund are revelling in their new found donations. :D

airborne_artist
28th Jan 2006, 07:48
Surprisingly I can't get any video beyond the TVAM opening frames. Sound is fine, but nothing to look at.

Same problems in Windows Media Player, Quicktime and RealPlayer. Running XP Pro and Media Player V10. The copy I have says it's 15.43 mins and 190,814 Kb. :confused:

pba_target
28th Jan 2006, 08:07
artist,

That would be a codec problem, get a codec pack such as the K-lite codec pack (google it, sorry, dont have time to find a link) and that will solve your problems...

Vigilant, (if that is indeed your real name;)) got it cheers old bean limewire finally came through for me after I threatened it with a shotgun... will see you up north next week, or failing that will hop across and see you in your new home in the coming weeks...

As for the one on Patricks aviation, yes it does end short, not sure why, but it is the "sanitized" version of the video, sans hud cam etc etc and not a patch on the full version with the other vid as well..."ok, nothing on the RHWR" anyone?

<edited to add abuse to vigilant>

adr
28th Jan 2006, 08:25
For those who've obtained the video, and want to do the right thing, but don't have ready access to an RAF Benevolent Fund collecting tin: donate online (http://www.raf-benfund.org.uk/donate.asp). Thank you!

adr

pba_target
28th Jan 2006, 17:52
done!:) It's all for chariddy mate;)

CrabInCab
30th Jan 2006, 18:46
Any Limewirers out there? I was away so I guess I missed the rush last week. If anyone can host the TVAM vid this eve I'd be very grateful.

CinC

Brit55
30th Jan 2006, 19:39
I'm having a nightmare locating on Limewire too, just keep getting crappy adverts that are using the boys from bhrain title.

If I find it, I'll leave it up.

propulike
30th Jan 2006, 21:38
I was lucky early on. I'll leave it up for the next couple of days -as long as Mrs P-U-L doesn't keep turning the confuser off....

File name remains "GWPA TVAM 190814KB.avi"

markerboy
31st Jan 2006, 20:52
Anyone still hosting said file??

SpotterFC
31st Jan 2006, 20:56
Someone is 'cos I'm downloading it as we speak (Propulike?)

I'll leave the Computer on overnight and all day tomorrow (unless like Propulike the missus turns it off)

I had to search about 4 times in quick succession until a file with the right file length came up (~186.3Mb (190814Kb/1024 = 186.3))

Whoever you are TYVM and the donation will be inbound as soon as the DL is done.

markerboy
31st Jan 2006, 21:13
shall keep tryng. Haven't had much luck so far

adr
31st Jan 2006, 21:18
shall keep tryng. Haven't had much luck so far
Try now. I've just opened up another upload slot (have been feeding three simultaneous downloads tonight, but it could be -- for all I know -- that a fourth slot won't work anyway because of bandwidth constraints).

adr

markerboy
31st Jan 2006, 21:24
adr

Many thanks. Ripping it as we speak. Took a while to find, but I've ben told it's well worth it.
TVM

:)

propulike
31st Jan 2006, 22:34
Just outlasted Mrs PUL tonight so it'll be on until tomorrow am at least! (Contribution to RAFBF duly given as well.)

JTIDS
2nd Feb 2006, 17:00
Had forgotten how good this video is! I don't normally use LimeWire, but I've put it onto Bearshare, my normal P2P for people to get from there, under the same file name.

Enjoy.

Tourist
2nd Feb 2006, 19:05
If anybody is still trying, it will be available on my machine all night on limewire

Brit55
2nd Feb 2006, 19:28
Thanks Tourist,

I'm downloading it from Limewire as we speak.

I'll be leaving the PC on all night and all through tomorrow until 17:00 for anyone still needing it. I'm on a 2meg connection so it should be good to go.

As stated earlier, beware of cheap imitations! There are dozens of spyware programs out there on Limewire & Bearshare.

Good Luck. :ok:

Brit55

Brit55
2nd Feb 2006, 19:40
Sorry to be a pain in the arse guys however,

Media Player is asking me for a codec that I do not have in order to play the TVAM file. How do I go about getting the codec?

Thanks in advance.

brit55

circle kay
2nd Feb 2006, 19:51
Brit,
As PBA Target says on page 3 (6th post down)
"That would be a codec problem, get a codec pack such as the K-lite codec pack (google it, sorry, dont have time to find a link) and that will solve your problems"
I down loaded K-lite and it worked for me
CK