PDA

View Full Version : Generic flight simulator

alexban
13th Jan 2006, 16:22
Hy
Anyone knows where can I find a Frasca FNTP 2 or similar generic flight simulator,JAA approved,to help a friend of mine completing his IR necesary simulator hours?
Also,what would be the cost/hr of sim (aprox) ?
Brgds
Alex

Rhysicles
13th Jan 2006, 16:28
Try GA Simulation Ltd at Bournemouth. They have a Duchess Type Specific FNPT2.

bolty_1000
13th Jan 2006, 20:36
also try http://www.simulatortrainingservices.co.uk/ at bournemouth. the fnpt2 is only about a year old its a great bit of kit!!

Stan Evil
14th Jan 2006, 17:54
Bit puzzled as to what your friend wants. Under JARs an IR course has to be completed at an approved flying training organisation to an approved syllabus. You can't do a bit here and a bit there, so your friend can't complete his simulator hours at any old school. If he has not finished an IR course at a particular school and wants to move to another then this has to be agreed by the CAA and his training records must be sent from the first school to the second.

moggiee
14th Jan 2006, 22:26
What would be the point of a generic device, anyway?

alexban
15th Jan 2006, 08:47
Stan, If I got it right,my friend's problem is this:
he'd completed all requirements for the IR,including ground studies and exams.All that is left to do is about 30 hrs in the sim.The school is JAA approved,also the sim,but right now they have a problem with the sim that will require some time to be solved.He wants to complete his sim hrs asap,cause he has some chances to be employed if he has his livence ready in due time.
So ,our CAA told him that if he finds a JAA generic sim to do his hrs,it will be ok with them.
I am in line flying for almost 15 yrs,so a bit far since i've done my IR.A lot has changed since then,this is why I've asked my question to you guys.
Brgds Alex