PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Runway for Jandakot

Pass-A-Frozo
12th Jan 2006, 22:34
Source: News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17800517-1245,00.html)
THE Federal Government has approved a fourth runway at Perth's suburban Jandakot Airport.
Transport Minister Warren Truss said today he had approved a draft master plan for the light aircraft airport, which predicted more than 150,000 extra aircraft movements by 2025.
"Given the aircraft forecasts, the draft plan recognises that it will be necessary to construct a fourth parallel 12/30 touch and go runway within the next five years," Mr Truss said.
"This will cater for an increase in pilot training and improve safety and efficiency on windy days."
Mr Truss said the key to implementing the master plan would be continual consultation with groups that had an interest in the airport, the community and all three tiers of government.
"Judging by the depth of this plan, it is evident that Jandakot Airport is committed to this consultative approach," he said
Mr Truss said the airport's operator, Jandakot Airport Holdings, had announced its intentions to secure 148ha of non-aviation land for developments such as showrooms, warehousing and office sites.

HEALY
12th Jan 2006, 23:22
Is it still going to be put East of the existing rwy? I went to the meeting 12 months ago about the proposal and the large establishment at the end of the rwy were none to happy due to the flightpath being directly over the top of their building.

Like This - Do That
12th Jan 2006, 23:59
Meanwhile, the greedy clowns who own Bankstown, Hoxton and Camden have just CLOSED 18/36 at YSBK.

Didn't proudly announce THAT, did you Minister Truss?

Still, I guess that it doesn't matter as aircraft movements have plunged, fuel sales have plunged, and the number of aircraft based at Bankstown has plunged. When enough of them go away they can close 11R/29L, 11C/29C & 11L/29R as well.

Scion
13th Jan 2006, 02:58
Must agree! with like this do that

Aussie
13th Jan 2006, 03:21
YSBK isnt what it use to be only a few yrs ago...

gaunty
13th Jan 2006, 03:27
Jandakot Airport it's management and the attitude and quality of its residents and infrastructure is finally realising its potential as a template for the rest of Australia.:ok:

jandakotpilot
13th Jan 2006, 03:39
Bout time.
I dont see how we could reach the target of aircraft movements by 2025 after the government keeps trying to kill aviation!
Those days sitting at 12/30 holding point for extended periods are finally numbered!!!
Are they still going to extend the existing runway to better cater for the RFDS?

overmars
13th Jan 2006, 03:48
I wonder how the instructors are going to teach their guys how to avoid RAC during an EFATO from the new 30 runway. :}

gaunty
13th Jan 2006, 04:32
overmars

That's why they built it with a flat roof silly.:rolleyes: :ok:

Islander Jock
13th Jan 2006, 05:23
Could it be that the airport owners had a look at the cluster that has been made of other GA fields in the east and learned from their mistakes?

"Showcase for GA" is a term being used at the moment. Some of the wheelers and dealers seem very upbeat about the future :ok:

poteroo
13th Jan 2006, 08:28
Not before time! On my renewal in Jan 2004, it took 43 minutes to achieve the princely sum of 3 circuits to a full stop on 12.

I'll never complain again about holding short for a few minutes down here while Skywest demo a 10 knot downwind 14ILS.

30R will work well enough for arrivals, but I'd think that it would be 30L for departures.

Isn't the RWAC cafe called the 'Runway Cafe' or similar? Might be very appropriate.

happy days,

HEALY
13th Jan 2006, 09:24
Reading the newspaper today it appears we have all been wrong with DG settings. Apparently JT has dual North/South RWYS

Jerrym
13th Jan 2006, 09:34
Being a twin pilot based at Jandakot, I will refuse to use 12 / 30, unless there is no traffic. I would much rather prefur to land with 20 kts of crosswind on 06L, than try to conform with training aircraft in the circuit on runway 12, where I am almost twice as fast as they are. A 4th runway parallel with 12 / 30 would certainly help us twin drivers. Why not build the runway south of the current 12 / 30, so it's not aimed at the aero club. Oh, hang on. Those are herratige listed trees south of 12 / 30. Figure that one out? :confused:

gaunty
13th Jan 2006, 12:39
Islander Jock G'day mate, "Showcase for GA" is the real go. We seem to have seen off the usual lunatics :rolleyes: intent on turning the tower into a Maccas.:cool:

Lord Snot
13th Jan 2006, 13:38
4th runway???

When TF did they get a 3rd???

ILS?

At Jandakot?

What happened to the good old days of 2 runways and a low fence you stepped over to stride to your mighty machine???

And bottles of piss at the Dero Club bar while you told everyone how good you are...

flopter
13th Jan 2006, 13:46
A forth runway? :8
yeah why not..heh, but it makes me think of the good ole days..

Can anyone remember when it was nothing new to request Tower (at any time) for a 500 ft low level cct with 4 aircraft in the cct and get it no probs? lol ;)
... a 4th runway?
bring it on. :ok:

flopter
13th Jan 2006, 14:01
4th runway???
What happened to the good old days of 2 runways and a low fence you stepped over to stride to your mighty machine???

exactly!

errr ...but you still can...shhh don't tell DOTARS :uhoh: :E

rack 'n stack
14th Jan 2006, 05:48
I can, I was one of the blokes saying approved. remember low levels on 06 and normal ccts on 12? those were the days! Yellow formation all doing the LL on 06 and slotting the eye with the TGL on 12.