PDA

View Full Version : Does the torture pay off???

mince
12th Jan 2006, 11:20
Approved equivalent HSC courses. Is there anyone out there who have got into QF without an HSC, having done the required courses? Is it worthwhile for an uneducated buffoon like myself with no HSC but a few long bush GA years under their belt to put themselves through the pain and suffering of high school maths, english, physics? I'm interested to know how many have taken this route.

cheers

HEALY
12th Jan 2006, 13:55
Hey Mince

It all depends on how much you want it. I did a physics course a couple of years ago and met a number of people who had not done subjects at school and were in the process of "doing the trio" of subjects you have stated for that chance with QF to name one.

Although I cannot speak for Qantas it would likely show your commitment to wanting a job so badly you are willing to toil it out in the classroom again to give it chance.

You will only be saying what if? in the future if ya dont.

Good Luck!

propwash85
12th Jan 2006, 14:38
G'day,

I know someone who didn't do year 12. Was a electrician for a couple of years then decided to start training in his early to mid 20's. Did a Maths and Physics course and with a bit of hard work has recently got into Qantas, 2nd officer on 747's.

Once again, just depends how much you really want it i guess!

Propwash85.

pakeha-boy
12th Jan 2006, 17:37
Mince mate.....in one word.......YES!!!!!.....because you never know where you will end up,and where it will take you......

I have been through at least 20+ interviews,you never know what they are going to ask you,and you never really know what they are looking for.

My worst interview was trying to explain how I managed to get away with flying in Alaska(for 3 years)before I got "CAUGHT" as an illegal alien!.....

My answer.....not all wetbacks are mexican.....didnt get the job.

Get everything you can!.......arohanui