PDA

View Full Version : BMIBaby web site

Permafrost_ATPL
11th Jan 2006, 10:43
Can anybody access baby's site? Not just the job section, ANY section?
Not been able to load a page from them for two days. Can't be good for ticket sales!

P

d2k73
11th Jan 2006, 10:48
Seems to be working fine for me!

EGBKFLYER
11th Jan 2006, 10:51
No problem when I tried just now - including the job page.

Actually, while we're on about Baby - my information is that the job website is just a defence shield and that interviews are more often won as a result of writing letters/ knowing someone on the inside. Anyone care to confirm/ deny this?

Permafrost_ATPL
11th Jan 2006, 10:53
This is too weird... Neither Firefox or Explorer will load the page from http://www.bmibaby.com/ , or any other page from that domain. I just get a Page Not Found. And I was in IT for seven years, so it's not like the first time I'm sitting at a computer!

Actually, while we're on about Baby - my information is that the job website is just a defence shield and that interviews are more often won as a result of writing letters/ knowing someone on the inside. Anyone care to confirm/ deny this?
Just before Xmas I was in the SIM block at OAT and met two people up for Baby interviews. Both knew someone on the inside and had not heard of anybody getting an interview any other way. So yes, so far the website sounds like a way to reduce the amount of paper CVs they get! Hopefully it will change soon...

P

EGBKFLYER
11th Jan 2006, 11:11
Have you deleted all the Baby cookies? I had a similar problem with another site a while back and deleting cookies appeared to cure it...

I also know someone who's recently started at Baby. He too got a hot tip and wrote a letter to the right person. No website involvement at all, other than that they told him to fill it in just to 'tick the box'! Going to get my fountain pen out now...

Permafrost_ATPL
11th Jan 2006, 11:19
Yup, cookies gone. It's got to be my ISP or antivirus, since both Firefox and IE give the same result (unlikely to be browser settings). Maybe I'll call my ISP. I'll let you know in about 5 hours :{

P

Superpilot
11th Jan 2006, 11:59
Permafrost,

Interesting, I had a similar issue a while back with that site. Though, it worked in Firefox for me. But anyhow, if you have a firewall, check the logs to see what requests are being made when you attempt to go to the bmibaby site. IE was shooting of to ag-networks.com whenever I tried the bmibaby site. Disable your firewall temporarily if you have one and check again.

For me, in the end, it was a browser hijack - ag-networks. It's a marketing orientated browser hijack and the bmibaby site is one that it hijacks!

Also, try the usual ping www.bmibaby.com - you should get 217.64.229.177. Try the usual ipconfig /flushdns if you don't!
Now here comes Scroggs to move this thread to 'Computing'.......

Dude~
11th Jan 2006, 12:28
Site works fine for me.

I know a guy starting in Feb with Baby. In his interview they said they couldn't find his application details and he said thats because he hadn't filled any in! Had to do it there and then just to keep the paperwork in order...

Network, network, network...

Permafrost_ATPL
11th Jan 2006, 12:52
Problem solved... by restarting both the wireless router and DSL modem. Like superpilot said, maybe it was some firewalling issue...

In his interview they said they couldn't find his application details and he said thats because he hadn't filled any in!

I don't mind so much that some airlines only recruit through personal contacts (even though it's unfair to hard working people who are new to the industry), but at then at least PLEASE don't have people fill in online application forms...

P

Trent 900
18th Jan 2006, 10:10
What about other people who are also hard working but know contacts within baby??
I was just as hard working as the rest of you, loans, late night studying etc.
You have to start somewhere and once you are in the industry circle (if you are not already), your contacts database will fill up.
Be patient