PDA

View Full Version : Apple debuts Intel-powered Macs

ORAC
11th Jan 2006, 06:28
If your thinking of buying a new Mac, hold fire until February. The new intel based machines are much, much faster...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BBC: Apple debuts Intel-powered Macs

Apple has announced that all iMac computers shipped from 10 January will be powered by Intel's dual processor..... Company boss Steve Jobs has also launched a newly branded Mac laptop called the MacBook Pro; it too will come with an Intel processor.

The new generation of iMac would be two to three times faster than the current iMac G5, he said. The MacBook Pro would be four to five times as fast as the current PowerBook G4, Mr Jobs told Macworld in San Francisco.

The new laptops will not ship until February but the iMacs are available immediately and the price - starting at $1,299 (£735) - will remain the same....

The rest of the Mac family will shift to the Intel dual-core Duo chip during the course of the year.....

WeatherJinx
11th Jan 2006, 09:09
Take a peek at the cool ad promoting it (http://live.watchmactv.com/?p=148)
:ok:

Binoculars
11th Jan 2006, 11:11
I see my timing is as impeccable as ever. :{

Willows
11th Jan 2006, 16:40
Fantastic set of machines. I'd like one when they break the 2.0Ghz mark for the portables.

JaffaCake
12th Jan 2006, 22:31
Love one too. Problem is I'll have to borrow*cough*er, buy all my software again... :E

Not sure about the name 'MacBook Pro' though