PDA

View Full Version : Cpl(a) Theory And Instructing

IZ YOU MADONNA?
10th Jan 2006, 17:10
Hi all, I`m a ppl(a) holder with 115 hours,night qual and imc rating. I would like to start the cpl theory course to become an instructor. My ultimate ambition would be to become an airline pilot but taking into account finances and work etc I`ve decided that the best thing for me to do at the moment is to try and do the cpl exams and instruct part-time whilst working full time. I know the differences between the cpl and atpl exams regarding what you can do after them. I`ve found two schools (gts & aft) that offer the cpl theory, just wondering if anyone`s studied with them lately and how they found the exams, also any suggestions and opinions are welcomed.

Thanks,

iz you madonna?

BigGrecian
10th Jan 2006, 21:48
My ultimate ambition would be to become an airline pilot

If that's the ultimate goal - do the ATPLs you'll end up saving yourself time and money.

tailwheel76
11th Jan 2006, 20:14
I thought of doing my CPL's then an instructor rating once I had my PPL, but if you want airline flying ultimately, or even if you are still unsure, definately go for the full ATPL exams. For a few extra pounds and study you'll keep your options open which is always a good idea in aviation. For distance learning I'd strongly recommend BGS.

IZ YOU MADONNA?
12th Jan 2006, 19:33
Hi,

Thanks for the replies chaps. The reason I`m considering the cpl`s is because I`ve just got a new job after being unemployed for nearly half a year,just made me think about my financial situation a lot more.
My plan was to do cpl`s & instruct part-time whilst saving some cash and then do atpl`s at a later date when I`m in a better position to splash out on multi i/r etc. I`ve got my class 1 medical at the end of the month so unless I pass that I won`t be doing anything!...Maybe I just need a good boot up the behind!

Thanks,

iz you madonna?