PDA

View Full Version : How many time is required to upgrade to PIC normally?

flycold
10th Jan 2006, 02:48
Hi, mates!

In some major airlines-I mean which ops jet-the minimum requirement time for captain(PIC) is 4000HRS.
But, What about the minimum requirement time for captain in regional airlines-I mean which ops turbine-normally?
Because I met some guys who have 3800 total and 2000 PIC or turbine and 600 PIC of Jet.
Is it possible?
This mean that he upgraded to captain just with 1200 HRS. (or He logged his PIC time when he was Pilot Flying)
Give me the answer, mates!
Thank you!

Yebo
10th Jan 2006, 07:01
Hi flycold
You can log PIC in any machine as soon as you get your PPL. If you are rated on a King air and if your boss allows (I mean insurance) you can log PIC turbine from 200 TT. I was upgraded to Capt on JAR 25 with 2000 TT and 1300 PIC (single + multi piston + turbine).

Hope it will help
Yebo

flycold
11th Jan 2006, 03:02
So... can I log as a PIC if I do PF job during flight in the airline ?

Yebo
11th Jan 2006, 07:55
No, You can log P1 under supervision if you are P1 rated and flying with a supervising captain.
What I mean is that P1 time can be other than Airline. Turboprop Captains on single pilot operations, arrive at Airlines with P1 experience enough to fast track to Jet P1.

Regards
PS :C150 Solo after your PPL is P1 time!

-8AS
13th Jan 2006, 10:24
Flycold, all multi crew operations have a designated Commander. This person is responsible for the overall operation and safety of the aircraft regardless of whether they manipulate the flight controls or not. Thus, they are designated the Pilot in Command. A co-pilot who flys a sector is therefore unable to log PiC simply because he is not. In order to log P1 under supervision on a JAR 25 aircraft (aircraft over 20,000kg) you must have been specifically trained and be operating with a Training Captain. Normally this would be for he purpose of Command Upgrade Training, and the Training Captain would retain the overall Command of the Aircaft.