PDA

View Full Version : NZ rules re exams before flt test changed?

glekichi
9th Jan 2006, 22:29
I am supposed to be sitting my CPL flight test in Feb but am yet to complete all exams. Looking at the CAA website, it seems that passes in all exams are required before sitting the flight test. Has this changed recently?
(Noticed the file I was looking at was updated Dec 22!)

Dehavillanddriver
9th Jan 2006, 23:02
Certainly in Oz you needed all the theory exams to be passed before you could sit the flight test - the theory subjects being a stumbling block that some could not overcome - therefore making an expensive flight test redundant.

personally I would cancel my flight test and get the theory done first...

6080ft
10th Jan 2006, 05:54
glekichi:

There is no requirement at this stage to have all your cpl theory subjects before doing your flight test for a NZ CPL.
I know this from recently asking a flight testing officer, and a student has recently done a CPL flight test without a pass in one of the exams - the flight test was a success.

Don't cancell your flight test as you must be nearly ready for it if it is in Feb. Get it out of the way then do the exam you need to do. CAA will not issue you your CPL until you have all the required exam passes.

However there is a proposal in the re write of part 61 to make it a requirement to have all exam passes before the flight test.

All the best for your flight test. :ok:

6080ft

glekichi
10th Jan 2006, 22:57
Cheers guys!

It was acutally a line in the latest AC that made me suspect it had been changed, but it appears not. (Confirmed)
Big relief... was looking at sitting two exams in Jan if necessary.

devolved
11th Jan 2006, 03:43
in JAN?

i thought ASL doesnt open up until feb? Dont tell me ASL is not uniform with exam dates... bah!!! Least theres some eye candy at the avalon venue :8

Good luck with your CPL mate.

glekichi
11th Jan 2006, 05:43
We only get one shot a month at the exams here in DN, and no eye candy either:*
Kind of sux as sitting one exam a month let my flying get miles ahead of theory.
This month its the 25th, so today was the two week deadline for signing up.
Will still have two exams to sit after the flight test....:oh:

DeltaT
11th Jan 2006, 12:33
Can you sit the ATPL flight test without all the subjects?